U-Know! Forum »
A Difference in Attitude

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: A Difference in Attitude
Apr 07, 2003, 14:22
Not in such huge numbers as at the beginning but continental Europe's still pretty solid (especially France, Italy, Spain, Poland and Germany as far as I know). Very regular demonstrations, daily strikes and politicians' 'eggings' ; Surveys still show complete rejection of an amazing 90+% of the population.

In the case of Britain, I guess Blair had been desperately gagging for a war, as this was his ONE last political manouvre of survival. He very well knew that once it started, opposition to the war'd become almost nullified and everyone'd join the soccer-like national-team-support bandwagon. And people who'd dare to criticize the whole fiasco would have their private phone number made public in the Sun newspaper (e.g. Gorgeous George). The rest would be easy, and he gave a sigh of relief the day Bush sent his troops in. He's finally been able to sleep better and his receding hair and drippy eyelids are back where they were.

I am based in a village and work in a small town. When I got here I thought 'bloody hell... sleepy town' but I've seen lots of No War signs outside people's windows as I've never seen before. Demonstrations are rare here but not this time. I guess it's the sheer show of arrogance that's catalysed ALL people together. For once, I don't feel I'm fighting alone, since basically only a few morons (like the one you encountered, and the usual racist extremists) have been left alone to enjoy the bombing. I even saw a group of 6-year-old kids imitating the No War demonstrations. Unfortunately, people didn't expect their kids in the first years of their lives (and, let's remember, in a new millenium) to have to put up with the daily dose of maimed kids and burned faces on tv.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index