Register
U-Know! Forum »
A branch of Mcshit forced to close

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hilary Briss
1 posts

A branch of Mcshit forced to close
Jan 07, 2003, 15:42
The McDonalds in a town near where I live (Altamura) in Southern Italy has closed through lack of business last week. No fucker ate there due to unbeatable competition from the humble handmade local pizza. And the fact that it is fucking awful. Went past yesterday and the staff had seen fit to sellotape a bin bag over the big M...heh heh the shame, how I laughed. Even made the local news.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Hooray!
Jan 07, 2003, 16:16
That really cheered me up.
Walkswithdust
72 posts

Re: Hooray!
Jan 07, 2003, 19:06
Thanks Hilary, you just made my day!!!!!!!!
Hey hey!!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: A branch of Mcshit forced to close
Jan 07, 2003, 20:12
yay! One closed in Manchester recently and has not been replaced too.

I think one of the contributory factors of the slow McDecline of McShit, is that people are wising up that the cheap fast food isn't actually that cheap, as well as the fact that it's processed cack.

These days you can get a fairly decent pub lunch with far fresher, healthier and tastier ingredients for less than a Big Mac Meal and so on.
And there are better snack alternatives to McCulture around too.

They are becoming relics!
jellyfysh
jellyfysh
247 posts

Jan 07, 2003, 22:14
i walk past the site of the closed one in manchester and smile every day.......
one down, far too many to go.

........ and then theres starbucks.......

.........bring it on..............
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Please, let me rain on our parade
Jan 08, 2003, 10:36
Of course, they now have a policy of moving out of city centres towards the suburbs. It's the drive throughs near residential areas that make the real money. But, it was London that they were talking about that for. so, hopefully, the Manchester one has just been seen for the crap it is.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jan 08, 2003, 13:47
It ain't just Manchester and Italy. McDonald's have recently had a quarterly loss for the first time EVER, and the least new openings for over a decade.

It might really be that the last 20 years were the burger generation, that we are going to relegate it as the premier choice for food on the go.

fuckin A!
U-Know! Forum Index