U-Know! Forum »
Vindication for me!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lawrence2
106 posts

Vindication for me!
Mar 27, 2018, 05:01
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eodms-jesse-hughes-slams-march-for-our-lives-protests-w518384

Again Eagles of Death Metal are nothing but a stupid right-wing alterna-rock band.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Vindication for me!
Mar 27, 2018, 07:12
They're no worse than the millions of respectable, churchgoing citizens who maintain the self delusion that more guns are better than far fewer guns.
Diddybong
7 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 10:56
"As the survivor of a mass shooting I can tell you from first-hand experience that all of you protesting and taking days off from school insult the memory of those who were killed and abuse and insult me and every other lover of liberty by your every action," Hughes wrote.

Find it a bit sad that Hughes is seemingly unaware that many of the liberties he enjoys stem (in part) from direct action. Also that he seeks to take his own life experience and use it to denigrate others who have maybe had enough of feeling unsafe to attend school. Something that those of us who live in places with gun control rarely have to consider.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 14:37
lawrence2 wrote:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eodms-jesse-hughes-slams-march-for-our-lives-protests-w518384

Again Eagles of Death Metal are nothing but a stupid right-wing alterna-rock band.

The little I've heard of their music was a crock, too.
lawrence2
106 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 15:05
Yes.
lawrence2
106 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 15:07
I would've went to a big Mastodon homecoming show in my town last year, but the fact that Eagles of Death Metal were tacked on the bill made me boycott the show.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 15:45
He has just deleted it all .....
http://www.nme.com/news/music/eagles-death-metals-jesse-hughes-hits-pathetic-disgusting-student-anti-gun-protests-2273637

Seems like a silly boy, addicted to publicity. Previous statement was that gun control was akin to cutting off penises to prevent rape. Errr, yes, that's exactly right!
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 22:22
Didn't they do that Spandau-Duran song that kicked off the bloodbath? They stank. Didn't sound like Metal or Rock and certainly wasn't "alterna". Sounded a perfectly crafted cover for the crassness of its time. I think One Direction were more of a "real band" than the "Eagles of Death Metal".

I, like so many, find the whole "March For Our Lives","Facebook Lives Matter","Look at Me" social media gibberish to be one dimensional, questionably led and shallow crap.... but thankfully it doesn't affect me so I can tastefully ignore it and draw a veil over its insensitivity and deep-rooted "me-ism".

However, given the accelerating rate at which unarmed civilians are being gunned down by trigger-happy cops in the USA, I think it would be unwise for any US citizen (not subject) to surrender their weapons while the cops and troops are armed and on the street.

Now the Eagle-Ponce has changed his mind and taken down his beardy-faced twatkeyboard-gibberish. I must update my Twitter Feed. I must paste a transparency of the Florida State Flag across my social media selfies. Jeez. What do people actually do with their lives any more?
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Mar 27, 2018, 23:51
Howburn Digger wrote:
Didn't they do that Spandau-Duran song that kicked off the bloodbath? They stank. Didn't sound like Metal or Rock and certainly wasn't "alterna". Sounded a perfectly crafted cover for the crassness of its time. I think One Direction were more of a "real band" than the "Eagles of Death Metal".

I, like so many, find the whole "March For Our Lives","Facebook Lives Matter","Look at Me" social media gibberish to be one dimensional, questionably led and shallow crap.... but thankfully it doesn't affect me so I can tastefully ignore it and draw a veil over its insensitivity and deep-rooted "me-ism".

However, given the accelerating rate at which unarmed civilians are being gunned down by trigger-happy cops in the USA, I think it would be unwise for any US citizen (not subject) to surrender their weapons while the cops and troops are armed and on the street.

Now the Eagle-Ponce has changed his mind and taken down his beardy-faced twatkeyboard-gibberish. I must update my Twitter Feed. I must paste a transparency of the Florida State Flag across my social media selfies. Jeez. What do people actually do with their lives any more?

You are a cynic. Eons ago young people listened to a young American and dreamt of changing the world "The slowest one now will later be fast, the present now will later be past, the order is rapidly fading, the first one now will later be last ... for the time they are a changin"
This fight belongs to the young and they have a right to try for something better. I think the old order is rapidly fading.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/27/gun-debate-culture-war-young-people-will-win?CMP=fb_gu
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Mar 28, 2018, 08:01
Mar 28, 2018, 06:18
Howburn Digger wrote:

!!!
Seriously?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index