Boris Johnson in the Telegraph

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Boris Johnson in the Telegraph
Jun 27, 2016, 21:05
Did you see that guardian comment that was floating around the internet on the weekend?
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:22
Here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/26/an-astute-online-comment-has-many-wondering-whether-brexit-may-ever-happen/

By the way, Boris' comments about immigration not being a significant motivation in this referendum seem especially ironic when you look at the Leave website (which is most likely soon to be edited away): http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/why_vote_leave
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:27
Captain Starlet wrote:
Did you see that guardian comment that was floating around the internet on the weekend?

Which one? A new one seems to pop up every day. Then again we were told there would be lots of toing and froing initially until things settled down. That's true for sure :-)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:28
Captain Starlet wrote:

Which one? A new one seems to pop up every day. Then again we were told there would be lots of toing and froing initially until things settled down. That's true for sure :-)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:57
The poison chalice one? Yes.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 22:07
yeah that's the one, whether that's true or not it makes interesting thinking
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 22:08
that's the one
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 10:31
Captain Starlet wrote:
It's like we're not leaving!

He was very supportive of the EU until only recently when he jumped on this bandwagon

I didn't really know much about Boris family history until i saw Last leg In Last leg Out on Friday and his dad was on. He was talking about his time spent in Brussels, or at least when he wasn't rambling about cricket.

So I was left wondering if there was something somewhat oedipal about Boris's Leave campaign. He links his father to the EU where he worked for years, so he'll symbolically kill him by leaving. & he sees the UK as his MOTHER country so he'll spend the rest of his career trying to fuck it as much as possible.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 10:41
Yeah , hadn't looked at that before. I think they may legally be able to say that the money wasn't guaranteed to be spent on NHS but it certainly implies that. I mean they probably left themselves a little wriggle room, if they got the right judge. but it does look like language use was set up specifically to allow that wriggle room & a normal person reading that would take it to mean what most people have taken it to mean.
But that would mean they would actually intend to keep an NHS anyway and I thought the main Brexiters were against that anyway.

So looks like there is intentional spin in there anyway.
Can't we sue the f***ers for fraud?

Also yeah to the Immigration thing, looks like it is nearly spelt out there too. & the use of images like the needing to cut through barbed wire is probably going to trigger any xenophobic feeling that the wording isn't. Unless one looks at why somebody might be actually doing something like that which isn't likely.

& now the SWP and presumably some others are declaring a victory which seems to be a tad premature.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

wiggle room??
Jun 28, 2016, 21:58
http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-keep-sharing-this-photo-of-boris-johnson-for-some-reason--WkWJsa0jJrW

and you might want to scroll down to the picture of the bus as well. There is no wiggle room. Unless they really really take us for idiots.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index