Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2016, 14:41
Re: Boris Johnson in the Telegraph
Jun 27, 2016, 14:36
Sin Agog wrote:
Thanks. And good luck convincing the foxes it's in their best interests to cooperate with the hounds tearing them apart.

Only time will tell what the best advice offered or given was. As neither side has a crystal ball we will just have to wait and see won't we - but at least we will know that the outs will be trying and not wallowing in self-pity and denial as we see here!
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 14:46
Said the guy who could'nt even manage to vote on the issue....{or probably any issues for that matter}
Another whale spout spray into the air from a non participant who chooses to be an 'outsider'{and thinks everyone secretly wants to be 'just like him'..}
Your just a stone lobber Sin old boy.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 15:00
A mean missive to one for whom words come short,

As I have abandoned my religion since placing you above any comparatively vulgar deity, it is to you then I must make this confession. Just as plant-life turns green at the thought of all the others on whom the Sun deigns to pay court, I, too, am on the rack thinking of all those undeserved numbers who receive your friendship with a sniff and a sigh. Would that they knew they have an Olympian in their midst! They could not possibly appreciate the delicacy of your presence as would I. It seems, like a child who has spent the blossom of his youth in apprenticeship for his craft, I have wholeheartedly thrown myself into the task of transforming myself into a suitable paramour for you, if you should one day deign to allow me to assume my rightful place. Oh, dhajie, dodge, these names displace all other thoughts. They are mantras which, repeated, deposit my spirit on firmanents where felicities unimaginable are the natural order of the day.

We must meet, my beloved! Perhaps I am being too forward? We are, after all, both men with God-given inclinations from which most other men revile. Perhaps you fear your social standing being jeopardised should word ever escape of our union? I assure you, your fears will be groundless. I shall build a shield and body armour of compassion in which garb I will dress your spirits; sneers and rumourmongers will never pierce your breast whilst clad in such an outfit.

Your tailor and eternal admirer,

Sin Agog
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 15:07
Thats all very nice.
but i would'nt be comfortable on your boat.
Thanks anyway
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 15:43
Hmmph. Maybe I can win you over with my favourite joke right now.

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her name plate that the teller's name is Patricia Whack.

So, he says, "Mrs. Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy a boat and go on a long vacation." Patti looks at the frog in disbelief and asks how much he wants to borrow.

The frog says "$30,000." The teller asks his name and the frog says that his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it is OK, he knows the bank manager.

Patti explains that $30,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need to secure some collateral against the loan. She asks if he has anything he can use as collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny pink porcelain pig, about half an inch tall. Bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult with the manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says: "There is a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000. And he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink pig.
"I mean, what the heck is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says,
"That's a knick knack, Patti Whack.
Give the frog a loan.
His old man's a Rolling Stone."
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 16:28
So, let me try and understand this, we're always going to be a part of the vote! Wasn't that was he was just campaigning against?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 20:43
So he's now "promising" that there will still be freedom of movement and that all EU citizens living here will have their rights protected. Oh and that Leavers weren't actually concerned about immigration after all.

Farage will be pleased. And all the people who vandalised the Polish Centre and are busy telling Pakis to go home.

In fact, anyone reading this might be forgiven for thinking Boris has more in common with the Remain camp. But how can this be, when he was so assertive in championing leave to get all that money (£350 per week for the NHS in case anyone else has forgotten like Boris has) and to reduce immigration by stopping free movement to Britain for EU citizens? Surely that wasn't just political manoeuvring was it?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 20:47
"Our Brexit dream"?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 20:49
It's like we're not leaving!

He was very supportive of the EU until only recently when he jumped on this bandwagon
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:04
Exactly. The play he made has backfired spectacularly and now he's gone all conciliatory to salvage his shot at becoming PM. He knows he needs support from Remain Tories too.

I think it is important that he is not allowed to forget everything he said during the campaign, and Gove too.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index