Boris Johnson in the Telegraph

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2016, 09:24
Boris Johnson in the Telegraph
Jun 27, 2016, 09:24
I really, really am going to do some work in a minute. But may I draw your attention to Boris's article in the Telegraph - the headline (I kid you not) is
"I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe - and always will be".

I fear some kind of unthink coming on. Soon we will all believe that we voted to Remain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/i-cannot-stress-too-much-that-britain-is-part-of-europe--and-alw/
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2016, 10:48
Re: Boris Johnson in the Telegraph
Jun 27, 2016, 10:14
Rhiannon wrote:
I really, really am going to do some work in a minute. But may I draw your attention to Boris's article in the Telegraph - the headline (I kid you not) is

I fear some kind of unthink coming on. Soon we will all believe that we voted to Remain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/i-cannot-stress-too-much-that-britain-is-part-of-europe--and-alw/

Ridiculous and misleading post. Of course we will still be 'part' of Europe as we will the world if we continue to deal with individual countries and companies within Europe which we most certainly will. It is the European Union we won't be part of which you well know.
Money is money and any sensible company/country is going to trade with virtually anyone who wants to buy their goods. Pretty poor businessmen/woman if they don't. If the EU try to stop that you will then see those countries leaving wholesale!
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 10:15
Rhiannon wrote:

Buffoons aside, did you not notice when he appeared over the weekend, hair cut and in a 'proper' suit he was making a play to appear a professional politician. The fact that they have all lied through their teeth and we, and even the media notice, that they are con men and liars still, sails blissfully past their immense egos. I think their is only one descriptive word for them - fuckwits ;)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2016, 12:24
Jun 27, 2016, 11:26
moss wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:

Buffoons aside, did you not notice when he appeared over the weekend, hair cut and in a 'proper' suit he was making a play to appear a professional politician. The fact that they have all lied through their teeth and we, and even the media notice, that they are con men and liars still, sails blissfully past their immense egos. I think their is only one descriptive word for them - fuckwits ;)

I always thought Boris was a complete buffoon that's why I always called him Beano Boris, but I have seen a change in him gradually and see him now 'growing-up' and with a purpose in life. We've all gone through that phase in our lives even if we don't care to admit it. Any accusations of 'lies' can be replicated on the other side as they all played at politics during the campaign. It's what they all do best and are trained for.
I'm of the mind that Boris is actually capable of mixing it with all kinds and may well make a refreshing PM and the man to see our Brexit dream through to its hoped for achievable conclusion. He is not the idiot we all think or thought he was and could well be a natural winner.
We need to stop all the bickering and accept that we are now all in this together whether we like it or not and work together to re-stabilise this wonderful country after the shock the 'remainers' suffered just a few days ago. Be honest with yourselves and admit that if you had voted out, this is exactly what you would be saying now yourselves to the remainers who didn't get their way. I'm sure in time all the issues troubling folk will be resolved, but we need to work together to make that happen. You know it makes sense. Let's do it!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 13:00
Your way assimilation lies. The remaining left needs to wriggle and bite and snap else we'll become tamed, broken-in zoo animals, pacing up and down our tiny cages whilst yokels stare at us. We need to become as angry and virulent as the '80s anarcho culture. Become as passionate as the most ardent of EDL and UKIP members. If we are to be pushed ever further into the fringes, then we should revel in the freedom that affords us. We should make passersby frown at the sight of us, though secretly wishing they had the stones and strength to shake off their bridles, too. We should be like Havel, open-eyed dreamers convening at wild, noisy Plastic People of the Universe concerts and sewing the seeds for the future despite incredible odds. We must be the sorest, most ignoble of losers; guerilla soldiers, picking off bright red infantrymen abiding by the tenets of an outdated rulebook.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 13:20
Very well said. Those people who think this is a disaster have a duty to be most ignoble of losers.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 13:30
I'll be looking forward to watching all the mascara wearing, leather clad, kecks shod, revolutionary wanna be's rioting for their way of life on the telly.......{holding their plastic AK-47 aloft atop of cairns and frowning at 'the man'}......it should gather alot of impetus i reckon....{or not?}
Gotta be more interesting than the walking dead.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 13:48
Sin Agog wrote:
Your way assimilation lies. The remaining left needs to wriggle and bite and snap else we'll become tamed, broken-in zoo animals, pacing up and down our tiny cages whilst yokels stare at us. We need to become as angry and virulent as the '80s anarcho culture. Become as passionate as the most ardent of EDL and UKIP members. If we are to be pushed ever further into the fringes, then we should revel in the freedom that affords us. We should make passersby frown at the sight of us, though secretly wishing they had the stones and strength to shake off their bridles, too. We should be like Havel, open-eyed dreamers convening at wild, noisy Plastic People of the Universe concerts and sewing the seeds for the future despite incredible odds. We must be the sorest, most ignoble of losers; guerilla soldiers, picking off bright red infantrymen abiding by the tenets of an outdated rulebook.

Good luck with that.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 14:12
Thanks. And good luck convincing the foxes it's in their best interests to cooperate with the hounds tearing them apart.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 14:21
Eh?? Please tell me there isn't a foxhunting supporter here....
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index