U-Know! Forum »
Too late but makes you feel better for a moment

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Too late but makes you feel better for a moment
Jun 26, 2016, 08:35
hmm yeah fishermen might be better off but the fish stocks won't be. And I'm sure we won't be "wasting money" on encouraging farmers to use wildlife friendlier measures any more (austerity in/after the war was what did for all the meadows in the first place). Ugh it's all so sad, all for the sake of little englishers to have their unreflective moment of glee.

Everywhere I go at the moment I keep glaring at people thinking 'it was you wasn't it, you voted out you bastard' :) I can't help it.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 08:44
And I'm sure we won't be "wasting money" on encouraging farmers to use wildlife friendlier measures any more .....

It was European money, entirely, that underpinned that. It protected archaeology too. All gone. Unless the Tories suddenly grow consciences.

You can look at me Rhiannon. It wasn't me!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 09:53
"Unless the Tories suddenly grow consciences."
hah

I expect the usual will be along soon to tell us that people don't need consciences and we should all shut up. Ah well.

The trouble with the tories is they won't do anything unless they see a direct and immediate benefit to themselves. My dear deluded extremely rich right wing friend, when asked about his motivations for voting in the referendum, said "Well I can only vote for myself", which actually summed up everything you need to know. I said "Well actually no, you could vote for the benefit of this country" but he either didn't want to or didn't get it.

We may now kiss goodbye all those bits of farmers' land that they've been paid to encourage wildlife on. And I'm afraid we haven't got any money for looking after archaeology (despite these people loving their 'heritage') - this is Austerity, people, come on.

oh I must stop ranting
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 12:41
thesweetcheat wrote:
The new phrase is apparently "Bregret".

The Mail has published something about the consequences of leaving the EU and surprise! many of its leave voter readers are horrified. "You mean Farage was lying? How can this be?"

In other news, the Magical Money Tree has been cut down, oops.

Some of the comments are on here

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/26/this-is-how-daily-mail-readers-reacted-when-they-found-out-they-were-lied-to-about-leaving-the-eu-images/
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 14:51
I think there was definitely a contingent who voted leave as a protest without thinking they would actually win, and are now bricking themselves. I don't know what they thought they were voting in - the Eurovision Song Contest?!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2016, 14:58
Jun 26, 2016, 14:53
nigelswift wrote:
I signed, sore loser that I am.

The upsetting thing is a lot of people now saying I did it as a protest and didn't think Leave would win.

Maybe if it was re-run today it would be different. Or if 16 and 17 year olds had been able to vote in England.

I think 16 and 17 year olds should definitely have been allowed to vote. After all, it's their generation who are going to have to deal with the long-term repercussions.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index