U-Know! Forum »
Too late but makes you feel better for a moment

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Too late but makes you feel better for a moment
Jun 25, 2016, 09:57
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/petition-second-eu-referendum-crashes-house-of-commons-website

Pointless I know. Really pointless. But I signed it along with 800 000 other people.

Cameron must have thought the outers in his party would never have a chance, that he would be able to shut them up. And now the rest of us are looking at a prime minister that we will never have even had the chance of voting on, some blusterer like Gove or Johnson. A bit of me thinks 'ah well when they fuck it up there'll be noone else to blame, not the labour party, not the immigrants'. But they'll find someone for sure.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: Too late but makes you feel better for a moment
Jun 25, 2016, 10:19
Labour seem hellbent on joining the mutual self-destruction club too, the Blairites already have the knives plunged into Corbyn's back with a vote of no confidence. Not sure who they think the saviour is though.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 10:43
I signed, sore loser that I am.

The upsetting thing is a lot of people now saying I did it as a protest and didn't think Leave would win.

Maybe if it was re-run today it would be different. Or if 16 and 17 year olds had been able to vote in England.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 10:49
I think there ought to be another opportunity, but I would favour giving the pro-Leave side the task of setting out exactly, in detail like an election manifesto, exactly how they will make this work if it goes ahead. Rather than voting on lies and spin, everyone should be given information by Leave about what exactly they can and cannot deliver post-EU.

It's pretty obvious Johnson isn't actually so keen to get his hands dirty in delivering this, he wanted Cameron to continue as the patsy and pull the trigger.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 12:24
There was an article in the standard yesterday about people regretting their vote, some of the excuses were ridiculous!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 12:24
I signed it, we need an emergency general election now, just to maintain 'democracy'
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 17:21
The new phrase is apparently "Bregret".

The Mail has published something about the consequences of leaving the EU and surprise! many of its leave voter readers are horrified. "You mean Farage was lying? How can this be?"

In other news, the Magical Money Tree has been cut down, oops.
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 20:26
Perish the thought that the paper had been lying or 'disinforming' too..
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jun 25, 2016, 21:20
Quite. There's a lot of "whyou didn't you say this sooner?" comments which would be funny if it wasn't so appallingly idiotic.
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 03:22
Those brexiters I've seen interviewed on Beebnews since seem to be either 1) Reaperbound in short order or 2) (warning - political incorrectess alert) terminally thick. Let alone the Mail, the Sun wanted out. That one fact, despite the my long held view of the odiousness of Johnson, Gove, Carswell, Faridge and especially Fox was enough to repel me, despite the views of Dennis Skinner and the late Tony Benn. The leavers are now realising the consequences. While fishing may possibly be better off, arable farming is fucked for a start. I was not surprised at the result because of a newsclip I saw of Boris's closing statement at the QT debate. That he should get such applause at Wembley, in the heartland of Remain, should have been all people needed to know about the impending outcome. For the record, I did not vote. A very distressing family episode came to an end on polling day, my mind has been elsewhere of late, am trying to make sense of things after the event, couldn't do so before, but at least, unlike some, realised it shouldn't be a kneejerk, but a reasoned action. Wasn't enough headspace for that, not that one vote would have made a difference my way anyway...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index