Jun 30, 2016, 05:25
[ORIG POST AMENDED BELOW]
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Re: Dear Europe
Jun 30, 2016, 05:33
sanshee wrote:
Sturgeon is displaying her utter contempt for the ballot box as per usual.

Our *INDYREF* would have seen us out of the EU and she was willing to sacrifice that for independence.

Now her narrative is we have been dragged out against our will, despite us choosing in 2014 to remain in the member state, the UK.

We took part in a pool of UK votes, it's about time we stopped the phoney grudges, see how things go now.

If it were a case of who voted how, are we now to believe that Scotland has more in common with metropolitan London Elites, Cambridge, Oxford, and friggin Gibraltar (I'm sure Farage buys his blazers there) than the *poor deluded* working classes of the North of England?

You "speaking for the majority" again?
Your mouth must stink with so much bile in it.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2016, 05:53
Jun 30, 2016, 05:43
Sanctuary wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
The likelihood now is that the govt will sign up to TTIP after the losses we've taken due to economic collapse caused by this farce! Trade agreements will need to be signed and this one ensures profit for private companies and hedge funders, and we know how much the tories like them!

Really?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Thanks, Sanctuary. At least someone is talking sense!

I am AMAZED that Starlet thinks we can sign up to TTIP from outwith the EU! It is explicitly clear that this deal is being negotiated between USA and EU - other nations can't just hop on board! FACT! (Thank fuck.)

Such staggering witlessness...
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 09:52
I didn't say we can I said 'likelihood' two very different things!
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2016, 13:45
Jun 30, 2016, 13:44
Captain Starlet wrote:
I didn't say we can I said 'likelihood' two very different things!

Yeah, there is a "likelihood" of the UK signing a trade agreement that is no longer party to.

Like I said, witless.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2016, 14:11
Jun 30, 2016, 13:50
Rhiannon wrote:
But now we can "do what we like", isn't it actually more likely that we'll seek a transatlantic trade agreement with the US? And as it's just us and them negotiating (rather than us+many other countries plus them) isn't it more likely we'll get a bad deal?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're at the "back of the queue" (heh). We'll see in time won't we? It will certainly be harder for a UK Govt to hide the sordid details of any such future trade deal from the populace than it is for the EU to obscure the hideously opaque and secretive TTIP.

This is a takeover by the Multi-Nationals of our public services tied up with restrictions on our Govts decision making in so far as they "may" "negatively" impact on big business. That's all we need to know, and of course that slide won't stop following Brexit, BUT it WILL be easier to scrutinise and campaign against and hold the UK Govt to account.

We've left the EU, a corrupt and undemocratic Super Govt. We haven't spat on our European neighbors, or turned into a Nazi state overnight.

The EU itself has the potential to expand into every area of our civic lives, and with little or no democratic accountability, it has far more potential to become a totalitarian state than Westminster (however imperfect our first-past-the-post / two-chamber parliamentary system may be).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 13:59
If you can't respond in a decent and adult manner just don't bother responding! I've got better things to do than waste my time with nonsense!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 18:46
Bile?
Bit hyperbolic.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 30, 2016, 19:23
Hey, do stop being so unpleasant, there's a good fellow.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index