Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Dear Europe
Jun 27, 2016, 20:10
Captain Starlet wrote:
The likelihood now is that the govt will sign up to TTIP after the losses we've taken due to economic collapse caused by this farce! Trade agreements will need to be signed and this one ensures profit for private companies and hedge funders, and we know how much the tories like them!

Really?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 20:10
Captain Starlet wrote:
The likelihood now is that the govt will sign up to TTIP after the losses we've taken due to economic collapse caused by this farce! Trade agreements will need to be signed and this one ensures profit for private companies and hedge funders, and we know how much the tories like them!

Really?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 20:28
yeah really!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:01
Weren't France and a few other countries on the verge of shooting down the TTIP deal in the E.U.? It makes very little sense that an even farther right Tory government here would be more likely to veto a bill that is pretty much the essence of the Free Market, but many of the left were suckered in by that bit of illogic irregardless.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 27, 2016, 21:07
Sin Agog wrote:
Weren't France and a few other countries on the verge of shooting down the TTIP deal in the E.U.? It makes very little sense that an even farther right Tory government here would be more likely to veto a bill that is pretty much the essence of the Free Market, but many of the left were suckered in by that bit of illogic irregardless.

Yeah a few of them were looking at blocking it, which is one of many reasons I voted in. However the mess and usual attitude of the tories is that they're thinking about signing it. cameron has never declared any concern that I can recall
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 10:26
Sturgeon is displaying her utter contempt for the ballot box as per usual.

Our *INDYREF* would have seen us out of the EU and she was willing to sacrifice that for independence.

Now her narrative is we have been dragged out against our will, despite us choosing in 2014 to remain in the member state, the UK.

We took part in a pool of UK votes, it's about time we stopped the phoney grudges, see how things go now.

If it were a case of who voted how, are we now to believe that Scotland has more in common with metropolitan London Elites, Cambridge, Oxford, and friggin Gibraltar (I'm sure Farage buys his blazers there) than the *poor deluded* working classes of the North of England?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 10:28
Well I'm seeing her point here, Scotland and NI both virtually unanimously voted to remain in the EU so this does give a lot of credibility to another vote for independence as the previous one was with a UK in the EU, things have changed now
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Edited Jun 29, 2016, 10:44
Jun 29, 2016, 10:44
Hmmm - I was/am a staunch 'remainer' but have to say thats a slightly tenuous use of the word 'unanimously'!?!?

56:44 and 62:38 in NI and Scotland respectively I believe? By a clear majority might say it better!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 10:46
1 million Scots voted to leave, and in fact the areas with a higher concentration of 'leave' votes also vote to stay in the UK.
Turnout was also low here, and only 56% in Glasgow, and that area voted for independence in 2014.
To assume our votes mean anything other than what was asked on the ballot paper is ridiculous.
It was 1 person one vote, we can't have a referendum every time the political wind shifts.
NI aren't about to leave the UK, you know how they vote on tribal grounds.
Again, like I said, we need to make this work.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 18:37
Interesting development in Europe today, looks like Sturgeon's hit a bit of a block. Not sure what her plans are if Scotland can't join the EU after an indy vote
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index