Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 07, 2016, 22:12
Re: Calling All Londoners!
May 03, 2016, 15:20
Captain Starlet wrote:
Where is this 'losing votes' coming from? I've seen no evidence to support that apart from a rehashed article in the telegraph which only showed Labour and no comparison to other parties whatsoever! Seems some people in Labour just want him to lose and shackle us with another 5 years of toryism! However, what people seem to be forgetting is that polls are generally based on 1000 people and Labour, under Corbyn is now the biggest party in the country!

They may have lost some votes from the blairite brigade but with a vast sway of new voters on the results will decide. To say he's losing votes before the election is quite honestly just not convincing anyone!

Suspension is in no way the same as a sacking and didn't Ken retire from politics in 2012?

Ken never retired from politics, even when he lost to Boris. He just didn't stay at home looking after his newts! It's in his blood to fight for Londoners of all races, colours or creed. You might not see it in the media outside London though. We miss Ken every day. Rich idiots voted for Boris, and guess what? London isn't that rich anymore. It has money, all hidden, but not for the likes of me and you, or my neighbour on benefits, or some cunt up the street on drugs or the for the homeless or the mad.

And to answer you question in a roundabout way, Corbyn is losing votes from people like me, who keep London alive - Public service workers, Tube drivers, shop workers etc. There is a myth that The City of London financial institutions keep London going. That is all bollocks. The combined wealth of your average worker in any city far outweighs any bank.

Was it Tony Benn who said "We are the many, and they are the few".

Zac Goldsmith? A multi-millionaire. Hardly a man of the people.

Rents are extortianate in London. I mean really. Even in the suburbs. The workimg classes and the middle classes can't afford to live here anymore. The rich think that's a good idea in the short term. Cheap wages. What is happening is that people will move to other cities, or the countyside. Cities will get lost due to the rich, the countryside gets polluted, and then we all die!

Sounds great!

It stinks!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index