The EU: in or out?

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: The EU: in or out?
Feb 24, 2016, 14:27
I suppose i'll have to vote in or dave will et his mum on me and make me sing the national anthem!
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 24, 2016, 18:34
Feb 24, 2016, 18:30
Cheers, appreciate that. Writing it down for other people to possibly read makes me actually think about the issues that little bit harder before committing to a position. We live in interesting times. 9/11 was cataclysmic but almost nothing that happened on the world stage in the following ten years could not have been foreseen. In terms of sheer unpredictability this here now is the most interesting and dangerous the world has felt since the Iran hostage crisis and the Russians being invited into Afghanistan way back in '79. The 80s were just wild - all the way from horrifically murdered nuns in El Salvador to the fall of the Wall. No wonder so much of the music was either deeply glum or blithely escapist. And no wonder U2 cleaned up from the vantage point of all that stadium-wide moral high ground. Humans love someone who can boil complexity down to something over-simplified with a big chorus and power chords!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Feb 24, 2016, 19:42
Given the stark choice most people up here would choose the UK over the EU
What escapes many is SNP only got popular after their core agenda was rejected.
IT's a protest vote; not a very nice one mind but don't be swept up with rants on social media
FWIW the 1975 vote saw Scotland vote against the EC but as then it's all academic as it's a vote for us all
Silty posturing, that's all
We would not tolerate the chaos again.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 25, 2016, 16:23
Feb 25, 2016, 16:17
sanshee wrote:
IT's a protest vote; not a very nice one mind but don't be swept up with rants on social media
FWIW the 1975 vote saw Scotland vote against the EC but as then it's all academic as it's a vote for us all

You sound like the questionable female Rev. Ian Paisley.

In other news the catholic church think hell is fiction. Tell that to Dante, who wrote about it in 1320.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Feb 25, 2016, 20:13
Markoid wrote:

sanshee wrote:

In other news the catholic church think hell is fiction. Tell that to Dante, who wrote about it in 1320.

You wanna compare me to Ian Paisley (?) go ahead, no need to bring my gender into it though.
Actually none of that stuff ever floated my boat, not my concern at all, got more grown up things to consider.
I sort of see where your perceptions come from though.
carol27
747 posts

Feb 25, 2016, 20:30
sanshee wrote:
Markoid wrote:

sanshee wrote:

You wanna compare me to Ian Paisley (?) go ahead, no need to bring my gender into it though.
Actually none of that stuff ever floated my boat, not my concern at all, got more grown up things to consider.

Ian Paisley Sanshee? I think not. It's interesting that two Scottish people have very different viewpoints. I don't feel qualified to comment, I have never tended to differentiate apart from the accents, & the magnificent countryside.As you've said before, the working class experience is universal. Although, he did apparently end up being close friends with Martin McGuiness:)
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Feb 25, 2016, 21:22
Cheers Carol.
x
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 26, 2016, 05:08
Feb 26, 2016, 05:05
sanshee wrote:
Markoid wrote:

sanshee wrote:

Absotuley nothing to do with your gender. You seem far too stuck in your views though. I'll argue with anyone if I think the outcome may be positive. All I hear from you is a negative. Hollyrood has done great things for Scotland. Why can't you see that?

Corbyn will not deliver. Even he knows that!
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Feb 26, 2016, 06:00
Feb 26, 2016, 05:11
Markoid wrote:
sanshee wrote:
Markoid wrote:

[quote="sanshee"]

Absotutely nothing to do with your gender. You seem far too stuck in your views though. I'll argue with anyone if I think the outcome may be positive. All I hear from you is a negative. Hollyrood has done great things for Scotland. Why can't you see that?

Corbyn will not deliver. Even he knows that! As as an affiliate of The Labour Party, I voted for him. We need more though! Not abstaining on important legislation would be a start.

And he could not give a monkeys chuff about Scotland. He knows very little about us, as he has shown in interviews. He knows even less about heartland London. I so wish red Ken would speak up for all 8 million of us. We liked him.

Ken won't destroy The Labour Party though, so he's keeping his mouth shut, when it should be open.

My only criticism of Ken Livingstone. Bring him back. How Boris got in is still a mystery.

Politics in London is fierce! Most boroughs are red. Now, we have to convince that other lot!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Feb 26, 2016, 13:05
Feb 26, 2016, 12:55
No, Holyrood has not done 'great things' for Scotland.
Living here, I know that.
I provide you with facts and you ignore them.
The only reason Corbyn can't make inroads here is because Scottish Labour do not know how to respond to the flag waving.
They sort of offer SNP-lite, and people do not like it.
If we had a strong character up here maybe even like Galloway he'd wipe the floor with the lot of them.
Holyrood is here to stay but it needs to harmonise with the UK not scrap.
It gets us NOWHERE.
Infact it's got so skewed the Scottish Conservatives are set to be the opposition.
Anyways here are a couple of real articles dealing with reality written by a former SNP insider as to why Sturgeon is treating her own voters like idiots.
Lying is the most negative thing politicians can ever get up to.

http://www.scottishreview.net/AlexBell24a.html?utm_source=Sign-Up.to&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=8427-354386-Inside+Cornton+Vale%3A+a+prisoner%27s+story

http://rattle.scot/snp-independence-is-dead-start-again-or-shut-up

EDIT: You say on your other post of Corbyn:

**And he could not give a monkeys chuff about Scotland. He knows very little about us, as he has shown in interviews. He knows even less about heartland London. I so wish red Ken would speak up for all 8 million of us. We liked him.**

Oh he knows about the SNP bullshit over Calmac and Scotrail.

Spoke about it on our Scotland 2016 (the 2015) Show

Here also.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-7ec5-What-the-SNP-says-v-what-the-SNP-does#.VtBLz5Xcvct

I am from a wee boring toon between Glasgow and Edinburgh, to us they were always the 'Tartan Tories', no one ever voted for them.

Talk left act something else.

Exploiting the less well off and making false promises got them where they are.

The star will fall, and not too soon.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index