Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Today, war is abstract. We are fighting ideas.

14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Edited Dec 10, 2015, 16:24
Re: Today, war is abstract. We are fighting ideas.
Dec 10, 2015, 16:22
Thankyou sanshee. You're far more eloquent & informed than I am. I'm not saying we should be sitting ducks. I'm not saying we should ignore it & hope for the best. I just get into this mind set of nihilistic destruction sometimes, & then I get angry. I think it's because I can't actually see a solution. War, hatred; this blinkered vision seems to be our lot & it just rolls on & on, & it's all orchestrated by a load of tossers of either which side who determine our lives for us. Nearly 2 million people marched in the anti Iraq war demonstration in 2003, the largest demonstration in British history & it achieved fuck all. I think Corbyn is a shining light, & I have a glimmer of hope because it would appear that quite a lot of people cannot deny the obvious truth he speaks; but he looks frail to me.
Afghanistan I think ( I must stress this is just me), was about the control of heroin. It was no coincidence that diamorphine disappeared from our pharmacies & hospitals & still is absent I believe,since the "war". You could argue that heroin funded terrorism, but me being me feels that our governments would far rather have control over this major worldwide sedation (not to mention the profits it brings from & to the drug companies.) Maybe, like oil, it's a resource worth killing loads of innocent people for. Did they really care about a few tribal communities killing each other? Do we really believe that they care about girls not being allowed to go to school? Nah,it's bullshit. They don't care wether kids get a decent education in this country never mind anywhere else.
Anyway, I could go on, but I'm aware that I could be accused of conspiracy theoryism.
I'm tired of it & I can't help but feel that we've sown the seeds of our own destruction & I can't argue against the intellectual rationalists &, yes I'd sometimes like the idea of the whole lot of them being blown away & I fear for my children's future, not to mention their children, but twas ever fucking thus...
My angels are a delight, & they're on my tree. Thankyou.

U-Know! Forum Index