U-Know! Forum »
Fyuck yew whare !!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Fyuck yew whare !!
Nov 30, 2015, 12:55
http://news.yahoo.com/japan-says-resume-whaling-fleet-sails-antarctic-tuesday-041403401.html
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Fyuck yew whare !!
Nov 30, 2015, 13:49
How can a country which begat us Basho, Taj Mahal Travellers and Kurosawa have such an atrophied sense of nature?
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Nov 30, 2015, 14:19
How can you p o s s i b l y say that??? It's for scientific research!!!! (cough)
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Nov 30, 2015, 14:31
Haha. "Yes, we are now researching how many dead whales it takes to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool with whales' blood. We are expecting to be first scientists to win not just Noble Prize for this, but Oscar, Grammy, Pullitzer and Butlins talent show participation certificate."
carol27
747 posts

Edited Dec 01, 2015, 19:02
Dec 01, 2015, 18:58
Sin Agog wrote:
How can a country which begat us Basho, Taj Mahal Travellers and Kurosawa have such an atrophied sense of nature?

Cos they like eating it maybe & selling oil for " beauty" products. They respect the whale & held funeral rituals for them. So, that makes it okey dokey:)
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Dec 03, 2015, 08:05
Japan! They kill things that we like

http://youtu.be/k6vvWbtlxIM

(In this case the dolphin is really Ricky Gervais, so that's A-OK with me.)
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2015, 08:26
Dec 03, 2015, 08:23
I guess maybe it should be pointed out that, like most of the nefarious goings-ons in this world, this does seem to be yet another case of a completely childish government, tired of the rest of the world trying to be their moral arbiter, taking it out on innocent lives in order to swing their cock about. At least according to that The Cove doc. A good chunk of the populace don't even know this is going down. Why is it that our governments tend to have a fraction of the moral fiber, and the social intelligence, of the average five year old, when they should be our guiding lights?
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Dec 03, 2015, 13:12
" A good chunk of the populace don't even know this is going down "

I can tell you for a fact that they do know.
The Asians are surely the most technically hooked on net devices i've ever run across.
I would never broach the subject {politics in general} on buisness trips though, The Japanese in particular would think of that as unforgivably rude.
It's a matter of food though.
The Yellow sea is now ecologicly a dead zone, everthing has been trawled out.
This will only escalate in a bad way for all sealife.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2015, 17:22
Dec 03, 2015, 17:21
dhajjieboy wrote:
" A good chunk of the populace don't even know this is going down "

I can tell you for a fact that they do know.
The Asians are surely the most technically hooked on net devices i've ever run across.
I would never broach the subject {politics in general} on buisness trips though, The Japanese in particular would think of that as unforgivably rude.
It's a matter of food though.
The Yellow sea is now ecologicly a dead zone, everthing has been trawled out.
This will only escalate in a bad way for all sealife.

There is that honne/tatemae thing in Japan (the private self and the public self), and I can imagine the tatemae side might choose to keep schtum about such matters. I was just referring to a scene in The Cove where a cross-section of the Japanese public were interviewed about dolphin and whale hunting, and most of them knew nothing about it.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Dec 04, 2015, 11:51
Fucking vile and utterly barbaric. Too often 'culture' is used as an excuse be it whale hunting (science ? Fuck OFF), bull fighting, fox hunting etc. Sickening cruelty for kicks, and as for the culinary taste s of these fuckers, I will not post links to the actual level of savagery involved on the factory death ships.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index