Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Re: Oh no
Nov 19, 2015, 10:38
Markoid wrote:

Yes we are. WE are different and more tolerant now. All the world knows it. You can slag me off for living in England, but us Scots are renowned for being fair. That is a fact. I come across all sorts in filthy London and respect others. I get respected too.

Corbyn is right. Fighting and killing is not an answer to fighting and killing.

Renowned for being fair compared to who?
The English?
Everyone?
You are joking aren't you?
Why do you think the refugees had to be brought in in a more low key manner than the SNP wanted?
They feared a backlash.
In fact they boasted 'on behalf of the people of Scotland' that the UK immigration policy was far too draconian, refugees should come over from Calais and elsewhere but now they've gone eerily silent over that claim.
If we sat here all day swapping internet links to 'racist attacks throughout the UK' the only reason I would run out first is Scotland is a smaller place.
I am not slagging you off for living in England, what an odd claim to make.
I do suspect when refugees arrive in other parts of the UK we will see more dreadful stories like the one I linked to.
Hopefully not too many, but just like US SCOTS other places have their fair share of lowlife.
As for Corbyn, yes he is right.
Sturgeon ain't too sure though.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 19, 2015, 11:45
Saw a bit of footage on C4 news last night of a young Syrian girl about 11 being dragged out of rubble.
Her face was quite swollen and the first thing she said with an unfathomable calm was 'is mum ok'?
I got a daughter that age she's a pain in the ass and I love her to bits, but the thought of her having to ask for my safety after she'd been almost killed did put a lump in my throat.
Day to day. Imagine it?
My daughter wants a pair of Converse for Xmas FFS.
Loads of us are preparing for Xmas in our own way.
What do we do?
I do fear that there may be reprisal attacks elsewhere (have been in France) and things become so crazy and linear all at once it is hard to know if these are just thugs looking for excuses 'anyway' or if otherwise calm people are becoming freaked.
I know there runs a thread of intolerance and suspicion everywhere and as much as even the NIMBYS of this world generally shut the eff up and get on with it they may be cheer leading here and there also.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Nov 19, 2015, 12:17
laresident wrote:
Looks like ISIS succeeded in their goal of stirring up the West's indiscriminate hatred of all Muslims.

I would venture to say that happened long before ISIS ever existed.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 19, 2015, 13:07
Markoid wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
Markoid wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
It's certainly a hate crime and indeed terrorism! Is there any difference (fundamentally) about what his threats or a terrorist threat? It's still a threat to create terror. I was being more sarcastic with the mentally ill comment as anyone who's not claiming to be muslim and does something like this in MSM eyes are usually classified as mentally ill.

It's an assault. No more than that. If every assault is racist it would have to be proven. As for for the mentally ill aspect, you are barking up a tree which you know nothing about. I do...I'm a psychiatric nurse. If you accuse, you need facts my man. Pure legal facts..or YOU could be prosecuted. Fact!

Well I've lived with mentall illness for over 20 years so do know a fair bit about it. Also, if you read what I wrote I'm not claiming anything that's mainstream media (MSM) doing that! Furthermore as he's saying he'll kill an arab a week does indeed make it a hate crime and racist.

Granted. And I hope you are well. Lock them up then? Hardly a solution. Some people are mad. Terrorists are usually not mad. Quite the opposite. Indoctronated perhaps? I honestly think as a humanist thay killing people is not a good idea. Not for oil or for land.

Some kind of understanding may be a good idea. Killing is easy really.

Are we allowed to talk about Albert Camus (The Outsider. Written years ago) or that Cure song without being arrested?

It is philosophical thinking.

Not too bad thanks, usual ups and downs and so forth, could complain but I'd probably forget about it in 20 mins!

I've no idea what the answer is but I know the answer isn't bombing them, which is going to kill at least 10 times more civilians than it does extremists and only create more extremists after that. We're essentially falling into ISIS's trap here, they want to show how the west is weak, corrupt and violent (regardless of their antics) and here we are giving them prime material. Are they people to be reasoned with? NO! Even Al-Qaeda think they're nuts, and that's saying something. I think they do need to be stopped but in a way that actually looks at the consequences of our actions over theirs
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 19, 2015, 13:10
Some people just like an excuse to hate, it rarely takes a reason.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Nov 20, 2015, 16:59
Captain Starlet wrote:

like the people who just did this...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/at-least-27-dead-after-islamists-seize-luxury-hotel-in-malis-capital/ar-BBnfrOp?ocid=spartanntp
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Nov 20, 2015, 21:07
billding68 wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:

like the people who just did this...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/at-least-27-dead-after-islamists-seize-luxury-hotel-in-malis-capital/ar-BBnfrOp?ocid=spartanntp
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 21, 2015, 11:44
or these other terrorist actions:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34146798

or this

http://www.britannica.com/event/Oklahoma-City-bombing

or this

http://www.history.com/topics/columbine-high-school-shootings

or this even

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/22/anders-breivik-massacre-one-of-us-anne-seierstad
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 21, 2015, 12:18
We could sit here all day swapping links to terrorist acts I suppose.
Don't prove anything.
Thing is how do we deal with what happened in Paris?
It would be simple if it was just I.S v PARIS or 'their values v 'our values' but what they are doing they are doing primarily to their 'fellow' Muslims.
Women are just disposable, the ones not considered 'pretty enough' to ravage are thrown onto a heap (was reported).
This isn't just an attack on 'the West' it's an attack on humanity.
We armed 'the rebels' against Assad without having a clue who they were or what they wanted and now they may even have morphed into the very thing that has now become 'our enemy'.
The Taliban were famously armed by America and soon afterwards they became the enemy too.
Were they 'the rebels' too at one point?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 21, 2015, 12:22
sanshee wrote:
We could sit here all day swapping links to terrorist acts I suppose.
Don't prove anything.
Thing is how do we deal with what happened in Paris?
It would be simple if it was just I.S v PARIS or 'their values v 'our values' but what they are doing they are doing primarily to their 'fellow' Muslims.
Women are just disposable, the ones not considered 'pretty enough' to ravage are thrown onto a heap (was reported).
This isn't just an attack on 'the West' it's an attack on humanity.
We armed 'the rebels' against Assad without having a clue who they were or what they wanted and now they may even have morphed into the very thing that has now become 'our enemy'.
The Taliban were famously armed by America and soon afterwards they became the enemy too.
Were they 'the rebels' too at one point?

The point I was trying to make there that terrorism isn't applicable to one religion, the vast majority of terrorist acts are from white so-called Christians.

The only and best way to deal with groups like isis is to undermine them, they think we're war mongering barbarians and by dropping indiscriminate bombs on them we're proving them right. We need to prove them wrong, take away their toys, as what Anonymous is doing, that way they won't be able to garner support from other countries. All bombing is going to do is kill innocent people and prove them right and thus gain more support!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index