Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
So it looks like it's about to kick off then.

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

So it looks like it's about to kick off then.
Nov 15, 2015, 23:27
I'm not surprised France has retaliated against ISIS but I think how many more civilian Syrians are going to die because of the actions of people they have no connection. I wonder to myself is this the start of WW3? Is this where it all starts?

I'm sure people will at some point bring Nostradamus and Isaiah prophecies into the proceedings but I don't think we're quite there yet. With France's retaliation against an alleged ISIS training camp today I'm wondering to myself why didn't they bomb it before? It may have stopped the attacks, or that may not be in govt's around the world's interests. Who knows.

All I do know is that the UK govt's snoopers charter is likely to be rushed through, bringing an end to many of our freedoms and privacy, borders will be closed and there'll me much wider scale attacks on minority groups. Not exactly a great time to be proud to be british!
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 00:09
..and when Corbyn makes a measured speech about not charging in he'll be pilloried again or suffocated under a pile of poppies.. He's an enemy of the state and antipatriotic cunt you know.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: ...
Nov 16, 2015, 00:11
I know, all that using common sense and all that!
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: ....
Nov 16, 2015, 00:17
So you're a Commie pinko too then?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 00:21
Well I try not to broadcasting it by wearing a shirt to work and matching socks
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 00:52
Ok, my jaundiced and not without foundation joshing over. Sorry for derailing topic. I sincerely and heavyheartedly believe that the legal and electronic infrastructure being established is multifunctional, and the anti-terrorism reasons being given are also a means to another end, that being control of civil insurrection when the real Great Crash occurs. One day, perhaps not too far off, it will. Our economies are basketcases, imo. US: $17+trn in debt and claims to be prospering.. It can't go on forever.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 01:38
I don't mind a nice bit of thread diversion :)

Well it's long been said there's big business in war. As usual it's the regular folk that pay the price for it. Also with snoopers charter we'll end up paying for that too as it'll cost internet companies more to store the data, and lo and behold it affects their profits! It's a waste of a bill anyway because if anyone was going to plan something then they're not going to do it at home on the family PC! They'll likely go to an Internet cafe or somewhere where they're not monitored. Anyone in intelligence would be aware of that.

I am worried about things these days, I've been looking to leave the country but can't decide which country's the least warmongery.
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 10:03
Captain Starlet wrote:
I know, all that using common sense and all that!

I think the major mistake being made within the mindset of those that think that the ultimate solution is to destroy them by conventional weapons and strategies is that they are not battling a conventional army. We're talking about an ideology here, not a handily assembled set of military positions, ranks and forces that can simply be targeted with strategy and power.
Ideologies are not limited to the battlefield - I think we can see that from the terrible events of late.
Ideologies cannot be snuffed out with bombs and rifles.
It is much deeper and trickier than that.
A significant aspect of the mindset of many fundamentalists (as I believe has been noted elsewhere on this forum) is that they truly believe they are waging a final and decisive war. The outcome of their 'judgement day' will not be based on victory or defeat but on the actions they took against their (perceived) aggressors.
It's a well worn cliche but killing them merely makes martyrs of them - they do not cower from death. They do not shrink from reprisals.
It's a fucked up, fucked up situation.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 12:16
I myself deny the very premise of 'they become martyrs'....
This is surely 1 way to deny 'them' legitamacy.
If in fact Islam is a peacefull religion, it is the Islamist's themselves that need to make this point as a collective entity.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 16, 2015, 12:37
spencer wrote:

So you're a Commie pinko too then?

Funny Cameron started kicking off down PMQ by calling Corbyn a 'communist' by means of an insult.

All the Tories rambled a big collective baaa yoo.

I know Corbyn was there, but I often wonder if Cameron during that state banquet got a bit pissed and started shouting 'oi you communist bastard' and then the Chinese prez looked up as much to say 'what is it?'

We have just entrusted our 'nuclear energy' industry to the scariest commie bloc on the planet.

Does Cameron or his gang of emotional retards recognise the sheer absurdity here?

Of course not!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index