Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
WHY DIDN'T LABOUR VOTE TO 'KILL' TORY TAX CREDIT CUTS IN HOUSE OF LORDS?

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: WHY DIDN'T LABOUR VOTE TO 'KILL' TORY TAX CREDIT CUTS IN HOUSE OF LORDS?
Oct 29, 2015, 00:26
Many thanks. That shit has been buzzing round my noggin' for some time now. Maybe I've exorcised my pent up frustrations and general feeling of helplessness over what to do about our shitty government has passed.

Well till tomorrow anyhow.

It seems to me that the idea of democracy and accountability is utter, utter bollox in the west. Once in power, these toe rags (new Labour included) do the utmost to push their slimy party manifestos over and above what would be deemed public good and common sense to the likes of you and me. Way back when, when our trusty governments were busy bailing out their banking buddies with our hard earned taxes, I half jokingly said that they'd do better to give everyone in the nation a 22 grand tax refund and tell everyone to spend it on whatever they bloody well liked, the proviso being, you gotta spend it, or loose it, to get the economy rolling. A naive idea I realise, but it's one I've seen one or two economists say pretty much the same thing about in recent years....it was a bad idea to bail out the banks. You cannot have perpetual growth, it's an impossibility. At some point markets are gonna meet a peak, become saturated, and fall off, but that's what successive post war governments have striven for. It's idiotic, and we end up with a situation where a very few people have more financial clout than a not so small African nation, and therefore find it very easy to have the ear of many a minister who is looking for a cushy chairmanship or directorship after leaving parliament. There must be a point where you have enough money to live beyond your wildest dreams, but this doesn't seem the case. Just like the Mike Douglas film Wall street espoused, in these psychopaths eyes 'greed is good'. In fact, the fascinating book by Jon Ronson 'The Psychopath Test' pretty much confirms what I've always suspected, many many people in positions of power, and particularly business 'leaders' are borderline, if not full on sociopaths/psychopaths. The lack of compassion and understanding, the single minded, goal driven, sell your own mom for a buck ideals of these people is abhorrent to me. The 'fuck you, I'm OK' culture has definitely come home to roost.
I'm not a violent or hateful person by any stretch, but sometimes I feel I could quite happily shoot some of these fuckers plain in the face and feel no remorse at all, vile sons of bitches that they are. I really wouldn't piss on em' if they were on fire. Compassion is a foreign language to these assholes, and the less of them about the better.
Also many have the cheek to claim to have made it off the skin of their own asses....delusional or what! The old boy network has never been stronger, and 'old money' still calls the shots. Osbourne seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder about his 'day boy' status at whatever shitty public school he went to, seems jealous he didn't get to fuck that metaphorical pigs head, and seems to be going out of his way to prove himself to his self perceived 'bullingdon betters' as a tough guy to do business with.

There's a special kind of hell these fuckers have to look forward to, but it'll still be at our expense.

U-Know! Forum Index