26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Edited Jul 02, 2015, 13:52
Re: Churches burning.....
Jul 02, 2015, 12:57
Like TJJ and yourself I enjoy visiting old churches. I find there is a sense of timelessness, the eternal now about them, an aggregate of all the emotion and history from their roots in ancient 'pagan' sacred sites, through to being adopted by Christianity. To me, sacred is sacred, be it stones, churches, temples, holy natural sites etc. It's all one, and I find the current trend in so many alternative systems to routinely insult Christianity by rote as immature and ill informed. Cricticise ? Most certainly, as with any religion/path, but like them all, there has been and continues to be much of value to be respected. I don't follow any organised religion and my own personal spiritual beliefs are syncretic, and one only has to have an understanding of the history of the eventually supressed Celtic Church to understand the many beautiful aspects of a purer undistorted form of the Christian message. Women Bishops, respect for nature, it's all in there. It's too easy to reduce Christianity to nothing more then the twisted and perverted form it became and still so often exists as.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index