Churches burning.....

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2015, 16:08
Churches burning.....
Jul 01, 2015, 16:06
Now oddly enough, i would guess that some here would like to see ALL churches burnt to the ground.....
Me..?
Not so much.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150630/PC16/150639941/concern-grows-as-black-churches-burn-across-south

I will tell you what, if government surviellance methods can be used to catch the perpetrators in my link.... I say go for it.
Technology is inevitable anyway.
I also won't be surprised to find that the perps are not who one might immediately suspect.
It's a crazy world out there.

And this IS terrorism, make no mistake.
carol27
747 posts

Re: Churches burning.....
Jul 01, 2015, 16:46
Do you know, I think you'd be surprised 're a lot of people on here would like to see churches burn, I doubt it. I don't really have a religion, but I'm a bit envious of people who do, and I abhor death & destruction. What is the point, &, yes maybe it is a form of terrorism. If someone desecrated our stones I'd want them stopped, in a rational, educational way of course.
carol27
747 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:06
And who do YOU suspect the perpetrators are? I mean really? Disenfranchised, alienated, isolated, nobody loves them white boys? The FBI? Anti Obama agitators? White supremacists? Anti tyrannical federal governmentists? Or somebody who wants to get on the telly? Maybe a serial arsonist. Or maybe it's a government conspiracy. Bloody hell, that sodding country.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:17
carol27 wrote:
And who do YOU suspect the perpetrators are? I mean really? Disenfranchised, alienated, isolated, nobody loves them white boys? The FBI? Anti Obama agitators? White supremacists? Anti tyrannical federal governmentists? Or somebody who wants to get on the telly? Maybe a serial arsonist. Or maybe it's a government conspiracy. Bloody hell, that sodding country.

Quite seriously, Could be any of those listed....
I don't know myself, other than to say that historically it most likely would have been a KKK linked crime.
These days i do think it will be most likely a disenfranchised individual on a spree. With a hole so large in his soul that no amount hate filled vective can hope to fill.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:21
carol27 wrote:
Do you know, I think you'd be surprised 're a lot of people on here would like to see churches burn, I doubt it. I don't really have a religion, but I'm a bit envious of people who do, and I abhor death & destruction. What is the point, &, yes maybe it is a form of terrorism. If someone desecrated our stones I'd want them stopped, in a rational, educational way of course.

Please...
as a courtesy...
use the qoute reply.
Never used " Alot Of People" as a descriptor, however...
I can assure you that historically,there has been plenty of hate filled diatribe on this site towards christians...
Easy enough to find with the search function.
carol27
747 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:25
Ooh, what's a quote reply? And I do read back, all seems pretty varied to me, depends on your agenda. Laid myself wide open there haven't I? Off to tend to hawthorne.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:31
carol27 wrote:
Ooh, what's a quote reply? And I do read back, all seems pretty varied to me, depends on your agenda. Laid myself wide open there haven't I? Off to tend to hawthorne.

or

With quote.
Those are the 2 choices of reply types. 1 qoutes the person verbatim.
And no agenda, just want these hate crimes to stop.
carol27
747 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:42
I'll just reply. I do get it, really. And yes,(don't think I should start a sentence with "and", but let's live dangerously), I do believe you want hate crimes to stop, I think you've a good heart underneath the antsiness ( is that a word?). However I don't know what the bloody hell we do to prevent it. If only we were all perfect human beings. Fatalist moi?
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 18:14
dhajjieboy wrote:
Now oddly enough, i would guess that some here would like to see ALL churches burnt to the ground.....
Me..?
Not so much.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150630/PC16/150639941/concern-grows-as-black-churches-burn-across-south

I've been around for a while, mainly on the archaeology forum. I have participated in discussions in the past when certain aspects of the history of the Christianity over the past 2,000 years has been talked about e.g. the assimilation of pagan customs such as the Winter Solstice etc. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone advocate the burning of churches and certainly not ever churches attended by black Americans or black British church goers.

I personally enjoy visiting old village churches (England/Wales) which more often than not tell you so much about the history of the community. I have recently seen at least three splendid Norman fonts which have been preserved after the rebuilding of the original church.

To outsiders the USA seems to be country of contradictions and extremes with deep differences between the north and south. It does seem there are hate filled white people in the south who are stirring up racial hatred and violence.
I do hope (and would probably pray if I did that) Obama gets out of his presidency alive.
carol27
747 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 18:34
I too enjoy visiting churches, it's a pity a lot of them have to be locked up these days. I love the peace & quiet, and, on a day like today, the cool air. We have a local church where the choir stalls have pagan carvings; a church in Pleasington with Masonic symbols, ghastly gargoyles & the 12 apostles round the entrance archway. The William Morris chapel at Castle Howard is truly stunning. A bit off subject but there you go.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index