26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Churches burning.....
Jul 01, 2015, 18:14
dhajjieboy wrote:
Now oddly enough, i would guess that some here would like to see ALL churches burnt to the ground.....
Me..?
Not so much.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150630/PC16/150639941/concern-grows-as-black-churches-burn-across-south

I've been around for a while, mainly on the archaeology forum. I have participated in discussions in the past when certain aspects of the history of the Christianity over the past 2,000 years has been talked about e.g. the assimilation of pagan customs such as the Winter Solstice etc. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone advocate the burning of churches and certainly not ever churches attended by black Americans or black British church goers.

I personally enjoy visiting old village churches (England/Wales) which more often than not tell you so much about the history of the community. I have recently seen at least three splendid Norman fonts which have been preserved after the rebuilding of the original church.

To outsiders the USA seems to be country of contradictions and extremes with deep differences between the north and south. It does seem there are hate filled white people in the south who are stirring up racial hatred and violence.
I do hope (and would probably pray if I did that) Obama gets out of his presidency alive.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index