TTIP petition to sign

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: TTIP petition to sign
May 04, 2016, 14:03
If we remain in Europe are we not being railroaded into TTIP by default because the EU is pushing hard for it? Is Cameron against it? It would appear not? He could seek assurances that the NHS is safeguarded and it and the government won't be open to legal action from US companies via the Corporate Court over decisions that potentially impact on their profits, but he doesn't. He wants to privatise it. Why is Obama is over here on a pro EU ticket while saying if you leave get to the back of the queue when trade negotiations come around? That's a threat! I would sooner stay in Europe but a fair Europe which isn't selling itself out to big business and lax laws ruling pharmaceuticals, food safety, and the privatisation of essential public services. It concerns me hugely that this is being negotiated in absolute secrecy with no consultation of the electorate. This is a massive game changer. The EU started as a trade zone and ended up as a political entity. The same thing will happen again but we are conceding power to big business. To me a world where we are in TTIP looks scary. If exiting the EU is the only way to prevent it happening should we not take it because we won't get a choice later or another chance to try to change things.

U-Know! Forum Index