Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Calling Grufty Jim (& the rest of you 2)

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bonsai
8 posts

Re: Bonsai MacStutter
Nov 12, 2002, 18:35
Yes

And I agree completely. Come dddddddown and see mine sometime.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Kisses
Nov 12, 2002, 18:39
Perhaps another time. Conflict - even to the minor extent of insults - makes me feel tired and stressed.

And no, you don't need to point out the fact that - given the nature of the world we live in - this must mean i'm in a near-constant state of stressed-out exhaustion. I am already well aware of it.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Suggested agenda
Nov 12, 2002, 18:47
I'm keeping it simple to avoid assumptions.

Agreed Upon (?) :

USuk are about to embark on an unjust oil war.
This war will certainly kill many thousands of people, perhaps everyone.

To be discussed:

Whether civil dissent can be justified if it indirectly risks innocent lives.
The effect an oil blockade would have on the war.
Alternative strategys to stop the war.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Suggested agenda
Nov 12, 2002, 18:56
will hopefully discuss at length tomorrow.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: Suggested agenda
Nov 12, 2002, 19:12
Enjoy yourself in the meantime.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Firefighters strike
Nov 13, 2002, 09:07
I sit also with a heavy heart on this subject. Everyone goes on about how poorly nurses and firefighters are paid and yet no one does a thing about it.

Surely it is time for the people who (vocally at least) support the claims of the firefighters to go on strike FOR THEM!!! Show a solid support base and tell the government that THE PEOPLE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT THIS SITUATION!!!

But that ain't gonna happen is it!? People will crow about the pay situation in the emergency services but they won't put themselves out to alter it. They will only put themselves out of pocket to produce gain in their own.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Go On Strike For Them !
Nov 13, 2002, 11:12
Thats a lovely idea 4W- you firefighters and nurses keep on saving our lives and we'll do your industrial action. It just isn't possible under union legislation, but it would be a good solution.

However, I think it was a valid call from the firefighters for everyone else to come out with them for reasons of Health & Safety, and I think the same would be true if it was the nurses out.
Who wants a squaddie trying to pull them out a twisted car crash? Who wants to work up a tower block or underground when there isn't any escape plan ? If every person who is more at risk due the strike execised their right to withdraw their own labour, the dispute would be over in hours and the risk to us all would be minimised.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Go On Strike For Them !
Nov 13, 2002, 11:17
"It just isn't possible under union legislation, ..."

And we all know who to blame for that one :-)

Actually, I wonder if it is possible. Perhaps the stress of being a lowpaid firefighter distracts them from the job. Perhaps your safety is at risk anyway.

I don't think this is the case by the way, because all those wonnerful firefighters are very dedicated to their work. I know loads and they're all top people. My uncle was a firefighter and he's my all time, lifetime hero :-)
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

And we all know who to blame for that
Nov 13, 2002, 11:29
Thatcher, Major, Blair ? Sure Thatcher did it but thats no excuse for not undoing it.

In a morph from Thatcher to Blair, Major is the indeterminate blurred stage between the two.

Margaret Thatcher is a sick man
John Major is a sick man
Tony Blair is a sick man
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: And we all know who to blame for that
Nov 13, 2002, 11:56
"Thatcher, Major, Blair ? Sure Thatcher did it but thats no excuse for not undoing it."

I'll second that sentiment!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index