Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Calling Grufty Jim (& the rest of you 2)

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: WWIII will be the last war
Nov 12, 2002, 17:52
"In the first instance you mean stopping the war against Iraq, in the second you mean the impact of the action in stopping fuel supply."

In the second instance I meant in changing Government policy. Although I disagreed with the previous blockade, I disagreed about its aims, not its methods.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: Firefighters strike
Nov 12, 2002, 18:01
Since you call me mad, then I admit I am getting a little bit angry at your continual misrepresentation of what I say to score personal points rather than address the arguments.
And I feel less inclined not to call you a pious hypocritical pedant.

Supporting the strike unreservedly is not the same as not caring if people die in fires. It is acknowledging that fact in your consideration and moving beyond it, which you confess you cannot do consistently.

And yes, they are risking lives by not doing something, and I would be risking lives by doing something. The core point is about risking lives and there the analogy holds (if they were exactly the same it wouldn't be an analogy would it).
Bonsai
8 posts

Nov 12, 2002, 18:01
See what I mean: this means nothing.
Bonsai
8 posts

Nov 12, 2002, 18:02
Bonsai
8 posts

Nov 12, 2002, 18:03
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

An apology
Nov 12, 2002, 18:05
I didn't call you "mad". I apologise unreservedly for the fact that my post clearly gave that impression. I often use the word "mad" as an exclamation of confusion. There's no way you could have know that, so it's entirely "my bad".

Again. Sorry.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

However
Nov 12, 2002, 18:08
The rest of your post was completely uncalled for.

But i shall remain "shtum" cos i've no interest in this getting any sourer, eh?
Bonsai
8 posts

Nov 12, 2002, 18:09
Apple include an embarrassment script in their version of IE!!!!
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Kisses
Nov 12, 2002, 18:23
The rest of my post was a frustrated response to being called mad ( and I only implied insult !).

We should start again by agreeing what the argument is and where we differ - do you want to try and summarise or will I ?
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Bonsai MacStutter
Nov 12, 2002, 18:25
So that was a technical glitch rather than a problem between your seat and your keyboard ?

Apples may be crap but at least they look lovely.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index