55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Re: TO ANY SCOT WHO VOTED 'NO' ON 18 SEPT 2014
May 09, 2015, 16:34
Captain Starlet wrote:
Don't get me wrong I do agree, I think Scotland will get independence, but hoping for it any time soon is pretty pointless. To have another vote would require Westminster approval, and that's not going to happen. Cameron owes the SNP nothing, and as such it will receive nothing. All of Sturgeon's bleating on about it isn't going to change a thing. Give it another 30 years and it will be allowed then, a once in a generation vote is just that, once in a generation, not a couple of years later because Sturgeon can't accept she lost the vote. The SNP need to move on past that right now and build a Scotland that people can see does not need Westminster, the case right now is putting the proverbial proof in the pudding. She's not done that, and until the SNP do then the people of Scotland will never vote for independence.

Sturgeon "bleating" / "cannot accept she lost the vote" ?!!! You've been consuming too much biased UK press and TV mate! You do know there's a devolved Scottish Parliament already, right? And the next election / manifestos are this time next year? And that circumstances can change (and relatively quickly, cf the promised & inevitably divisive EU in-or-out referendum)? Sturgeon just needs to carry the Scottish people (NOT Westminster) and she and the SNP are enjoying unparalleled and unprecedented popularity here right now. Scotland free by 2020 (could be...).

(Anyway, off to pub now. I'm not ignoring your reply!)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index