55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited May 09, 2015, 16:21
Re: TO ANY SCOT WHO VOTED 'NO' ON 18 SEPT 2014
May 09, 2015, 16:05
BTW, I know 'constutionally' we require Westminster approval to conduct another referendum (and I'm not expecting another one this year or next), but if the Scottish electorate vote SNP when they have a referendum in their manifesto, then it WILL be so, and woebetide any Westminster Govt who denies the settled democratic will of the Scottish people. That really would be "game on" in a way should terrify Cameron (or the Queen).

Re-post from 'Wings Over Scotland' below. Couldn't put it better.:

"Proud Cybernat says:9 May, 2015 at 12:55 pm
The Tories won only in England, nowhere else. How can that outcome be remotely seen by the Tories and their chums in the right-wing Tory press as somehow a legitimate UK Govt.? They have moral authority only to govern England. But while Scotland remains chained to this Union, Cameron & Co ignore Scotland’s voice, our elected SNP representation, at their peril. They ought to realise by now that the ‘Scottish Problem’ is not going to go away any time soon and that their beloved UK is within one more plebiscite from breaking apart. The only hope for any form of a UK continuing is for the UK Govt to give in to SNP demands for Devo-Max with phased-in FFR.Enough Scots might settle for that arrangement Fail to deliver and the UK truly is finished. No ifs, no buts. It is over. Surely Cameron must see that? I fnot then he is actually an idiot and not the devious b*****d politician many think him to be. Game on."
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index