Bragg on Brand

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Bragg on Brand
Oct 29, 2014, 18:22
I suggest you get your head out of yours.

Thank you for the so-mature comment there. Guess we can see who the child is here! Stop stamping your foot because you can't engage in an adult discussion, go read a book and find out how to do so!
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 18:24
Captain Starlet wrote:
I suggest you get your head out of yours.

Thank you for the so-mature comment there. Guess we can see who the child is here! Stop stamping your foot because you can't engage in an adult discussion, go read a book and find out how to do so!

LOL :-)
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 18:26
ps: It would also seem that you have no concept of hypocritical self parody whatsoever! Ha ha ha !
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 18:30
Well hypocrite would be a suitable description for you. You seem to have plenty of practice.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 18:58
Having listened to 100's of hours of his radio show, and watched all the trews, I do think the Brand in your head is a completely different one to the one know. He talks too fast to prevaricate for one thing. If he was solely in it for the money, I really doubt he'd have rejected outright a twenty five million divorce settlement from his wife. 'course what he should have done is accept it and give it all away. Just simmer down and watch one episode of the Trews, then tell me it's all an elaborate front. Here's one about Cameron. It's so much easier to hate something the less you really know about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxwaVQWSbY
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 19:02
I've never liked him, so this isn't a new thing, I've always found him insincere in everything he's done. I just find him a shameless self promotor. Does he need the money from the divorce? Probably not.

I'd rather not watch it thanks, especially one on cameron, I can't watch either one of them without feeling sick and get an uncontrollable urge to punch something.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 19:09
This bloke I saw in the supermarket today is a nefarious, heartless scoundrel with no redeeming features whatsoever. Dunno who he is, though- never spoken to him.

(Please just watch the first six minutes or so for me. And don't give up after the first couple of jokes. You'll see him in a different setting and I'm certain you'll agree with almost all he says. Brand, that is, not Cameron. It was bloody hard enough trying to work out how to post a link on my friend's phone. Don't tell me it was a waste).
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 19:33
I do! I like Green Eggs and Ham!

Thank you! Thank you! Sam-I-Am!

:)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 19:33
Yeah posting from a phone is a bloody pain. Had to watch it now as you made me feel guilty :) I did almost turn it off as he was trying to joke about things which is a bit distasteful considering there subject. His idea about why people go over to Syria to join extremist movements just misses the point completely. Now putting a bad joke at the start of who's funding ISIS and really putting himself badly and incoherent really.

Problem I'm seeing here is he's supposed to be going on about IS and going on about cameron and how we're a threat. He's wrong on who's world view we see, he says we see camerons, I say we see our own.

Horrified to say I agree with cameron on the difference between Islam and islamic fundamentalism, but he doesn't seem interested in that, just trying to be funny and talk about Alladin.

Poisoning ideology encompasses many things, he says capitalism! Certainly not poisonous to him, as without capitalism he wouldn't be worth millions would he? Seems to be kicking the gift horse in the mouth there.

Sorry I don't think he actually understands what the actual subject is and instead of actually approaching that subject in the sensitive matter in which it requires he's making crap jokes.

It's not swayed my opinion of him at all, sorry about that.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 19:56
Thanks for watching it. He is just scatting with no script, and he does those every single day, so it's not air-tight. What I appreciated there was how he actually tried to empathise with the people behind Isis, and delve into why they exist and they're pissed. So often in these conflicts we're just presented with the latest enemy, and any history which lead up to their present state is ignored. I remember watching this Vietnam doc made in the 70s. It brought together an American general and a Vietnamese general to have a conversation over a table. By the end of the conversation, they both realised that their essential problem was that neither side had any dialogue with the other, leaving them free to paint their enemy into some demonic figure. That's an important point and I reckon Brand hints at it there. All I'm saying is he cares, and that much isn't a front. You may not like him as a person or a commentator, but I'm glad he's spent so much time invigorating and engaging would-be apathetic people with the world around them.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index