Bragg on Brand

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Bragg on Brand
Oct 29, 2014, 15:09
It is about self publicity, he couldn't have kept on doing the chat show things as he wasn't doing anything to get the gigs, so here we are!

Sorry but I'm not convinced by him at all, I think for the causes he claims to be supporting he'll end up doing more harm than good because of his lack of actual credibility within the subjects at hand.

I'm even less convinced by him when I see him annoyingly interupting other people's interviews with crap. Where was he watching the football from also? The directors box? You can guarantee he wasn't on the stalls. Interesting how he still uses his position to gain privilege.

As far as I'm concerned he's a fraud, always was always will be.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:18
Captain Starlet wrote:
Are you even following this thread? You were just on about a bloody football team now you're on about something else completely irrelevant!

Very following. My point was that football teams are corporate, but sometimes they give something back to the community, like food and some kind of help. Not irrelevent at all. Infact, Brand helped a youth football team in London to help keep them out of trouble. Now, that is real action.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:27
Is it bollocks! Football teams are multi million companies! These so called good causes are a great way to avoid paying tax, so sorry I'm not going to give someone a pat on the back for not paaying their way into the country's economy! That money that they didn't pay into the economy is money taken from the poor around the country, into education, healthcare and care for the elderly and vulnerable people!

That's not action that's a scam!
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2014, 15:35
Oct 29, 2014, 15:34
Captain Starlet wrote:
Is it bollocks! Football teams are multi million companies! These so called good causes are a great way to avoid paying tax, so sorry I'm not going to give someone a pat on the back for not paaying their way into the country's economy! That money that they didn't pay into the economy is money taken from the poor around the country, into education, healthcare and care for the elderly and vulnerable people!

That's not action that's a scam!

Really? When I was a youth I played football every day. It kept me healthy. For youngsters these days, having good free places to play is a good idea, brings a sense of community provided, and gets kids away from their fucking XBox.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:39
I agree there, but that's nothing to do with a football team is it? That's to do with local councils providing the areas, of which there's still plenty. Football teams to dot supply pitches throughout the country, that's the tax payer.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:48
Captain Starlet wrote:
I agree there, but that's nothing to do with a football team is it? That's to do with local councils providing the areas, of which there's still plenty. Football teams to dot supply pitches throughout the country, that's the tax payer.

I beg to differ. This proposal is just over the road from me. I think it's a great idea.

http://www.wfig.org.uk/
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:59
You're looking at one instance, I'm looking at the country as a whole and the 99.9% of public amenities paid for by the taxpayer
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 16:04
Captain Starlet wrote:
You're looking at one instance, I'm looking at the country as a whole and the 99.9% of public amenities paid for by the taxpayer

Marvellous, I'll pay for that too!
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 16:49
Captain Starlet wrote:
It is about self publicity, he couldn't have kept on doing the chat show things as he wasn't doing anything to get the gigs, so here we are!

Sorry but I'm not convinced by him at all, I think for the causes he claims to be supporting he'll end up doing more harm than good because of his lack of actual credibility within the subjects at hand.

I'm even less convinced by him when I see him annoyingly interupting other people's interviews with crap. Where was he watching the football from also? The directors box? You can guarantee he wasn't on the stalls. Interesting how he still uses his position to gain privilege.

This is the point that you lose me. I couldn't give a fuck about football. I'm not interested. I have my opinion. You have yours. As it should be.

Peace & Love
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2014, 17:12
Oct 29, 2014, 17:03
Astralcat wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:

This is the point that you lose me. I couldn't give a fuck about football. I'm not interested. I have my opinion. You have yours. As it should be.

Peace & Love

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very
disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more
important than that."

Bill
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index