Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2014, 23:54
Re: Bragg on Brand
Oct 29, 2014, 13:38
Captain Starlet wrote:
I care as much about football as whatever that bellend's pretenting to be at the moment, but well done for missing the actual point I was trying to make in that he uses his position to gain privilege, which really shows that he's only out for his own benefit not anyone else's.

No you fucking don't. QPR have established community links and more initiative to help the local community in stuff like mental illness, homelessness and disability than most of the teams in England.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 13:54
And what does that actually have to do with anything that anyone's talking about?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2014, 14:21
Oct 29, 2014, 14:20
Captain Starlet wrote:
And what does that actually have to do with anything that anyone's talking about?

Err...Community perhaps?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 14:30
So a multi million pound spends money on things it can easily afford? Big fucking deal! How about a big, even more worthy, cheer for all those people who've got no money whatsoever managing to stay alive and still give and host events for good causes?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2014, 14:43
Oct 29, 2014, 14:38
Captain Starlet wrote:
So a multi million pound spends money on things it can easily afford? Big fucking deal! How about a big, even more worthy, cheer for all those people who've got no money whatsoever managing to stay alive and still give and host events for good causes?

You're Barking!

I'm hardly rich. Pretty skint really.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 14:50
Are you even following this thread? You were just on about a bloody football team now you're on about something else completely irrelevant!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 14:54
I don't believe him at all, I don't believe his sincerity in this. All I see is someone who's not getting bookings like he used to so decided to jump on a bandwagon and talk complete shit about things he's just not got a clue about (from what I've seen, which is too much for my liking). He's not coherent in any discussions at all because basically he's picked up someone's ideas, thought he likes the sound of that and used it without looking doing any actual research. Sorry if people actually thinks he gives a shit about anyone but himself I think they're all going to be sadly mistaken, he's too self absorbed to have any credibility
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 14:59
Captain Starlet wrote:
Why would I watch it? I'm really not interested in his opinion, what I am interested is hearing from the people who's opinions he's just taking for his own interests. Those who've worked tirelessly for years for the betterment of others and not just lining his own pocket and kissing up to the media from the lofty heights of the royalty box at West Ham! Pan of the people? Fuck off!

You've clearly only been exposed to a second-hand Chinese Whisper of the real person. He may only have a dilettantish knowledge of the people whose name he drops, but the bloke definitely cares, and not so he can act like a Pied Pauper whilst raking in all the cash. The profits from his new book, for example, are being put towards a cafe run by the homeless. I do think if you heard, say, some of his Trews eps on Palestine, or the Demonising of the Muslim population, you'd find yourself thinking, "This dude is bang-on!" in spite of yourself. I don't expect you to become a Brand expert for the sake of an argument. but you might be surprised once you've turned the 2D media image into 3D.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:03
Sorry but I don't think he has at all, all I see is people willing to give him that accolade because "ooh, it's Russell Brand" Ok that doesn't mean a thing at the end of the day, but if I want to get the story on what's happening in the world I'll go to the actual sources and not spoon fed some half witted opinion of a media luvvie!
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Oct 29, 2014, 15:03
He's a divisive figure, but in my opinion from what I've read/seen/heard he's genuine. He's fucking loaded so I don't believe it's about self publicity at all. He could easily just keep taking the Celeb/Chat Show/Hollywood shilling without any of this at all. That's what the majority of them do, after all. I think it's refreshing to see someone use their high profile status like this. It's something that should be used. Those of the old guard that still do won't be around for much longer. Good on him, I say.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index