Brian Eno on Gaza and the American view

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Brian Eno on Gaza and the American view
Aug 04, 2014, 18:00
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/brian-eno-on-the-israelgaza-crisis-how-can-you-justify-images-such-as-this-9643916.html
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: Brian Eno on Gaza and the American view
Aug 04, 2014, 23:45
It's a good piece. Quite emotional. The US has a good deal of influence over Israel but its not quite another state.
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Brian Eno on Gaza and the American view
Aug 06, 2014, 14:06
Great piece. Hopefully public opinion is finally starting to turn against this monster.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

George Galloway
Aug 06, 2014, 17:08
Say what you like about him, he's spot on here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hYopIjoBeU
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: George Galloway
Aug 06, 2014, 18:43
Can someone elucidate what's so sketchy about Galloway? I know that he has a tendency to do a lot of chatting with Middle-Eastern power players, but from what I can tell his motives are generally to nudge them down a better path. I also know that hardly anyone gets out of Big Brother with their dignity intact, but so far as the actual words which come out of his mouth are concerned, he seems every inch the sort of politician one would hope for more of.

Here's another impassioned 'tic' talking out about Israel who doesn't care about towing party lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sSQFpyJu8
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 06, 2014, 22:51
Don't know about you but I wish I was there for both of those speeches!

I don't agree with everything Galloway says but his unbridled passion for the Palestinians I do admire.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Aug 07, 2014, 10:42
What have been the most contentious statements he's made, at least that you can remember? Just want to make sure, the next time I vehemently defend him, I don't suddenly find out that he once said that he was a big fan of inter-human-dolphin relations.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Aug 07, 2014, 11:23
Aug 07, 2014, 10:56
I do kind of think that it may be the influence of a retrogressive Mail/Sun-style contingent that sets you on the back-foot about fairly right-on but flamboyant characters. With very little basis, you're made to start off on the defensive the moment you show any sympathies with these dewds and dewdettes. It's a Right Wing form of damage limitation, to make sure potentially influential figures always remain firmly confined to the fringes, while the perception of genuinely powerful pezzonovantes is mostly of cool, aloof and nebulous neutrals, or lovable loonie lairds, leaving them free to hold sway as long as they see fit.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 07, 2014, 12:58
Mostly I find him pretty right on, he's anti Scottish Independence but for what he says about Israel/Palestine I can't fault him.

He's also very anti tony Blair, so he's ok with me!

Like everyone he cocks up but who doesn't. Oh yeah his unfortunate comment on rape didn't win him any favours, but it depend on which way you took it as he was only referring to Assagne being guilty of "bad sexual etiquette" not rape.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 07, 2014, 13:01
I guess I've always supported the underdog and the loons, it's these people who aren't afraid to stand on their own, very much like Dennis Skinner, he's not the most popular of politicians but as far as honest politicians go he's one of the very few and a rare breed. Sadly everyone's so concerned with toeing the party line they're afraid to stand up for their principles. I guess the only newer politician I can claim to be decent is Tom Watson, who's certainly not afraid to open his mouth when needed!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index