Another Climate-Gate Leak...

28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Re: Another Climate-Gate Leak...
Nov 25, 2011, 14:45
Sin Agog wrote:
Disregarding this correlation does not equal causation line of thinking, can it really be such an awful thing questioning how you conduct your everyday lives- your electricity usage, your garbage produced and where it goes etc.? Stepping outside of Western convenience and complacency and asking questions can only be a good thing. Perhaps you dislike the money being thrown at global warming, but s'far as so-called mass-delusions are concerned it's a pretty healthy one.

Honestly? Part of my anger is that this issue clouds the real issues surrounding your exact points, plus many, many more on what we are doing to this planet.

It's not a healthy delusion if all it's done is foster a crooked carbon trading market, wind-mills that are so, so, so bad for the very environment they're trying to save and 'feed in tarrifs' that will raise energy-led-poverty-deaths in our sick and infirm. (Despite what Huhne says in the Guardian, the lying cnut)

We're all wrapped up in emissions of a harmless (actually beneficial) gas that we forget about the plastic island in the Pacific, the devastation caused by strip-mining, the scourge of uber-packaging, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not anti-environment, I'm anti-diversionary bullshit.

U-Know! Forum Index