U-Know! Forum »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but
Aug 20, 2011, 14:36
a lad gets sentenced to 6 months imprisonment for stealing two bottles of mineral water to the value of £3.50.

On that scale that is £7 for every year of a custodial sentence.

This means that the MP (recently let out of prison after serving 4 months) jailed for embezzling the nation of £8000 should have been sentenced to 1,142 years.

So, what went wrong?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, but
Aug 20, 2011, 19:42
You're not wrong.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Aug 23, 2011, 16:09
But the MP didn't do it as part of a group of hundreds of people indiscriminately helping themselves to money and property... oh hang on, yes they did. Sorry, beats me then.
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Aug 23, 2011, 23:43
wychburyman wrote:
a lad gets sentenced to 6 months imprisonment for stealing two bottles of mineral water to the value of £3.50.

Really?
wychburyman
951 posts

Aug 24, 2011, 09:02
suave harv wrote:
wychburyman wrote:

Really?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/2011/aug/12/riots-water-theft-punishment
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Aug 24, 2011, 09:44
No, you're not.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Aug 25, 2011, 09:09
Nick a plasma telly in the riots and go to jails for a couple of years. Nick one from the public (Gerald Kaufman charged us £8k for his) and you just pay for it if you get caught.

An alcoholic is released from Strangeways prison near central Manchester. He immediately spends his money on tobacco and downs a bottle of sherry, and as he gets to the city centre he sees the aftermath of a riot. He goes into a smashed-in Krispy Kreme and helps himself to a box of donuts. A horde of riot cops turn up and arrest him, and he gets 16 months in jail.

16 months is exactly what MP Jim Devine got for committing over £8,000 of expenses fraud in 2008-09 (after the expenses scandal was front page news) and then lying about it in court. He served a quarter of his sentence.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Aug 25, 2011, 09:17
Merrick wrote:
Nick a plasma telly in the riots and go to jails for a couple of years. Nick one from the public (Gerald Kaufman charged us £8k for his) and you just pay for it if you get caught.

An alcoholic is released from Strangeways prison near central Manchester. He immediately spends his money on tobacco and downs a bottle of sherry, and as he gets to the city centre he sees the aftermath of a riot. He goes into a smashed-in Krispy Kreme and helps himself to a box of donuts. A horde of riot cops turn up and arrest him, and he gets 16 months in jail.

16 months is exactly what MP Jim Devine got for committing over £8,000 of expenses fraud in 2008-09 (after the expenses scandal was front page news) and then lying about it in court. He served a quarter of his sentence.

Yeah, but you can't expect MPs to be held to the same moral standards as a destitute alcoholic. That's just crazy talk!
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Aug 25, 2011, 09:20
Merrick wrote:

David Laws is returning to a postion near you. Soon. Never mind the forty grand.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Aug 25, 2011, 16:27
Aug 25, 2011, 16:26
It's all sick ,sick ,sick!! ,the only positive i can see is that the greedheads are acting out of fear, i know it'll all get sorted out at some point in the near future, everyone can see that things need to change, and lines are being drawn in the sand [material v non material], you can't stop evolution [only the tories think you can]. It may lead to rocky times ahead but there IS a light at the end of the trouble, propaganda hasn't been used so aggressively since ww2[in england], see you all in the light!!!!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index