U-Know! Forum »
Tory's attitude to disabled is sickening

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wychburylass
28 posts

Tory's attitude to disabled is sickening
Jun 18, 2011, 00:09
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/866700-tory-mp-philip-davies-says-disabled-should-offer-to-work-below-minimum-wage

I hate sharing my existene with people of this sort of mentality!
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: Tory's attitude to disabled is sickening
Jun 18, 2011, 00:40
When I saw this story on Facebook earlier I honestly thought it was a joke at first. What a cunt.

I didn't realise until reading your link that people with mental health histories are also included in his idea. What a total moron he is.

There's a petition group on Facebook for the nasty little fascist to be paid minimum wage himself. I joined.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jun 18, 2011, 07:00
It's beyond satire.

The heartening thing is that (although for some reason I can't see your link) it's in the Metro, and that gets handed to random people on the street. So if they're drawing attention to what these scum say, perhaps some of the mail reading idiots that voted these people in might actually think 'ugh that's not very nice'. Hopefully.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jun 18, 2011, 10:00
I've got an even better idea - why don't we just send the workshy layabouts to Afghanistan to be used as human shields?

Better be careful what I wish for, I suppose..
Wychburylass
28 posts

Jun 18, 2011, 10:11
Rhiannon wrote:
It's beyond satire.

The heartening thing is that (although for some reason I can't see your link) it's in the Metro, and that gets handed to random people on the street. So if they're drawing attention to what these scum say, perhaps some of the mail reading idiots that voted these people in might actually think 'ugh that's not very nice'. Hopefully.

I don't normally read the metro but heard about on radio 4. Yes I hope your right.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jun 18, 2011, 14:46
I was listening to Today in Parliament on BBC. When a labour MP asked Davies how much lower than the minimum wage should the defective human being receive he gave what the BBC described as a libertarian answer that it is a private matter between both parties.

I understand that this huff stemmed from Friday question tabled by Thatcherite MP Christopher Chope who habitually uses this day. Unless you listen to this BBC programme then very few people understand the context of what was basically an insignificant talking shop. There was a vote 35 nays and 5 ayes
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jun 19, 2011, 11:30
Jun 19, 2011, 09:53
Deepinder - this 'huff' as you call it is disgraceful and entirely indicative of the Tory attitude to the vulnerable. To make such comments at all was profoundly insulting and callous. Also, please do not use the term 'defective' when describing a person with a disability. It's highly offensive.

edited to post link:

http://www.leftfootforward.org/2011/06/philip-davies-anti-disabled-remarks-wake-up-call-discrimination-alive-and-well/
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jun 19, 2011, 21:51
Please don't misunderstand me, I do agree with you. I should have put better emphasis on 'defective' which is the feeling of the Tory MP's expression of the issues which he was challenged upon by the BBC lunchtime interview I heard on Friday.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jun 20, 2011, 00:58
I swear, if the conservatives thought that slavery could be brought back with minimal public outrage they'd do it in a heartbeat.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jun 20, 2011, 08:07
Jun 20, 2011, 07:32
No problem Deepinder. Your post did confuse me as I know you to be an intelligent and reasonable fellow. Thanks for clearing that up, and I apologise for misunderstanding you. I shouldn't have immediately jumped to that conclusion.

:-)

edited for the usual typos etc
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index