7720 posts

Re: Bernie Eccleston - Uber twat!
Feb 22, 2011, 16:05
Phwooarrr!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Bernie Eccleston - Uber twat!
Feb 22, 2011, 18:49
Send them to Dubai so they can get a mandatory four-year prison sentence for having a poppy seed stuck to the soles of their shoes.
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: Bernie Ecclestone - Uber twat!
Feb 22, 2011, 22:35
Says in the Independent that Ecclestone said yesterday.

'It is sad that Bahrain has had to withdraw from the race. We wish the whole nation well as they begin to heal their country.'

I know he's a wanker, all Formula one fans know he's a wanker so i'm not jumping to his defence as such but maybe as a racing fan i'd defend motorsport as compared to all the millionaire footballers who bed hop, buy a Lamborghini a week and blow their cash on whores, gambling and shagging their mates wives.

not to mention all the diving...

long distance cycling is riddled with drug abuse (but lance armstrong is a fucking hero)

Athletics can have it's big drug moments.

Horse racing is fucking rigged nuffsaid.

I'm not sure that people would regard Formula One racing drivers simply as multi millionaires and i'm pretty sure that their race cars wouldn't be thought of as cock extensions and if that was the case that would surely cover all motorsport drivers in every discipline from Rally through to Stock car, Nascar, British Touring Car, Formula Ford,Formula Three/Two, Indycar, Sprint Car Hillclimb, Drag racing... then there's motorcycle racing, Road racing, Motocross, Speedway, Ice speedway.

The list is endless. All cock extensions?

Then there's the list of the dead drivers.

this list is only Formula One drivers. i'll just take it from 1970.

Bruce Mclaren (testing) 1970
Piers Courage (Dutch Grand Prix Zandvoort)1970
(The mighty) Jochen Rindt(Practice Italian GP Monza Italy)1970
Jo Siffert (Brands Hatch)1971
Jo Bonnier (24 hour Le mans)
Roger Wiliamson(Dutch GP Zandvoort)1973
Francois Cevert (USA GP) '73
Peter Revson(South African GP) 74
Helmutt Koenigg (USA GP) 74
Mark Donohue(Austrian GP)75
Tom Pryce (Kyalami South Africa) '77
(The brilliant) Ronnie Peterson (Italian GP) '78
Patrick Depallier(Hockenheim) '80
(The monster) Gilles Villeneuve(Belgian GP Zolder) '82
Riccardo Paletti(Canadian GP)'82
Manfred Winklehock(Sportscar race Canada) '85
Stefan Bellof (Spa Francorchamps. Eau Rouge infact. horrendous) '85
Elio De Angelis (Paul Ricard circuit France) '86
Roland Ratzenberger (San Marino GP Imola Italy) '94
Ayrton Senna(The same weekend as Ratzenberger. truly a tragic weekend)'94
Michele Alboreto (Testing an Audi R8 Germany) '01

not to mention Ascari in 55, Peter Collins 58, Wolfgang von Trips '61, Jim Clark, Mike Spence, Jo Schlesser,Grahame Hill...

I'm not having a dig mate but Formula One is a very real sport and yes it's drivers are well paid and yes their cars are getting safer every year but Mark Webber was incredibly lucky to walk away from a terrible crash last year and Robert Kubica is still in hospital after a rally accident several weeks back whilst following his other passion as well as keeping his eye in.

As for the environment? hands up, you've got me but i will say that every major sport carries a huge carbon footprint once again a football comparison . The building of the hundreds and hundreds of Stadia across the world and all the fuel used to get all those hundreds of millions of football fans around the world to the games held in all those stadiums under white lights and all the electricity burned by television companies making the broadcast to the hundreds and hundreds of millions of people burning electricity in their homes watching the match.
compared to 24 2.4 litre V8 Formula one cars and their jumbo jets for the long haul flights and trucks for the short haul races and the tracks that are built.

I bet you there's not much in it when the dust all settles down.

they're introducing 1600 cc engines with a turbo from 2014 so the engines will be proper small. i don't think it will offset jack because of the design and manufacture process let alone the testing, but hey even Formula One has to be seen to be trying.

you either 'get' racing or you don't but such sweeping statements about them merely being millionaires (only half the grid takes more than a million home at the end of the year)who merely drive cock extensions strikes me as a little misinformed.

James Hunt used to puke from fear everytime he raced, he was convinced he wouldn't make the chequered flag and with a death rate of two or three a year and his style of driving you wouldn't have bet against that prediction.

As for Bernie?

He's a little schmuck who made an oily garage car formula into a fucking huge concern and he's a little bastard too but knowing from having read dozens and dozens of interviews with him and articles monthly about the man i know he wouldn't have said that, certainly not in a callous or uncaring way, maybe he was caught on the hop between his car and the office or summink.

As I say Moonie, this isn't a dig, just defending my ridiculous addiction to fast fucking cars !
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Feb 22, 2011, 22:54
"He's a little schmuck who made an oily garage car formula into a fucking huge concern and he's a little bastard too but knowing from having read dozens and dozens of interviews with him and articles monthly about the man i know he wouldn't have said that, certainly not in a callous or uncaring way, maybe he was caught on the hop between his car and the office or summink. "

Hear what he said after the armed muggings in Brazil? He needs to get richer and richer every day and fuck everything else. He is an appalling cunt and I won't ever watch F1 while he's involved. The arselicking that politicians go in for regarding him is disgusting.

Not having a go at you Shelby, I take on board a lot of what you say about F1 - just can't tolerate Ecclestone. He epitomises evrything that's wrong with everything!

x

Ps. anyway, why watch F1 when there's Moto GP? ;-)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 23, 2011, 15:39
I know you love it Shelbs and it's not a dig at you or other fans. I know people in Macunia that love it too.

I just thought his 'tude stank and felt the need to vent forth.

Plus, I do like saying rude things with rude words in 'em so it seemed a good moment to go for it.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Edited Feb 23, 2011, 15:53
Feb 23, 2011, 15:52
Moon Cat wrote:
Plus, I do like saying rude things with rude words in 'em so it seemed a good moment to go for it.

You fucker!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 23, 2011, 16:09
Squid Tempest wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

You fucker!

How rude! 8^P
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Feb 23, 2011, 22:19
As i said, even formula one fans think he's a twat. They call it the Formula One circus when it comes to town. I wrote a letter to Niki Lauda when he was temporary editor of (the now dead)F1 magazine to tell him in no uncertain terms that i thought calling it a circus was just the same as calling it a burlesque. i hate the image that Formula One has, i hate that the drivers mostly come from a monied background, i hate that some of them wear their planet sized egos on their sleeves. i hate the towing of the party line when the team isn't pulling in the same direction.

but more than anything else in Formula One i hate the poison dwarf, his strangle hold and greedy fucking deals that guarantee more and more and more millions for him to squirrel away.

I fucking hated when he took Spa Francorchamp off the calendar in 06 (or thereabouts). Spa is probably the greatest race circuit in the world for this formula. He took it because the belgium Govt wouldn't stump up the extortionate fee he expects now. I fucking hated him threatening Silverstone and after it has all shaken down i hate the fact he's - albeit indirectly - left the once venerable Donnington all broken up and turned over like a building site. i hate the way he could at any minute just sell the sports viewing rights to Sky and wouldn't give a fuck about me and all the millions of viewers that would refuse to pay per view. i loathe that he only uses Hermann Tilke to design the new super-tracks, tracks that are rubbish, have too big run off areas so the drivers aren't scared and in all the years he's been building them is still searching for the holy grail of a track that promotes overtaking. he doesn't even bid to design and build these crappy loops of tarmac with a big fuck off hotel on them, he just gets the job and we all know it's because he hefts a fortune to Ecclestone for giving him the work.

It's not about Formula One to old Bernie, it's about making the spectacle so goddamned huge that his taking five or ten million a race won't really be noticed.

...or something like that.

All i want is strong competition and two hundred miles an hour cars after he's gone.

as for MotoGP? ... Nah! x
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Feb 23, 2011, 22:37
Shit mate i love being foul mouthed! Cheers for not sniping back, shows strength does that in my books. was mildly cautious opening your reply because i didn't want a big debate with you about the subject, i was merely pointing out that , greedy little bastard aside, it is quite a righteous sport. i want the simple days back when the teams ran a competitive car and took it round the world for thirty million but i want the cars to be shit quick and crammed with tech to make them stick to the road and slide through the air like glue and grease. can't have both i guess, so i'll plump for overtaking and blokes with big fucking heavy steel cojones!

Ecclestone'll be gone soon.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Feb 24, 2011, 08:45
I went for a job interview at Williams F1 at Grove in Oxfordshire back in 2002 as a CAD operator doing solid modelling.

The fella that interviewed me said that there was a big debate raging within Williams as to the point of their existence: Was the car a racing car or a moving advertising board? The more races you win the more you can charge for space on the car. No wonder they lost their focus for quite a few years.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index