50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Re: Protest ?
Nov 01, 2010, 13:09
grufty jim wrote:
jshell wrote:
Right on the nail. The population are too worried about terrorists around every corner, the loss of their income/finances or the faux-threat of global wombling/sea levels/biodiversity etc, etc.

Dead right. That's why the population have stopped using their cars in their millions, significantly cut consumption of products imported from areas where biodiversity is under threat and started to demand massive investment in sea-defences and the relocation of vital infrastructure away from low-lying coastal areas.

Oh wait, no they haven't. So how exactly is this "worry" manifesting itself, jshell?

I'ts manifesting itself by keeping peoples awareness away from what is happening with global financial control and transfer. For example, the Thanet windfarm was accepted by the populace as necessary due to MMGW scares so no-one is mentioning or promoting the £1,200,000,000 subsidies given to the Swedish owners which will push up our fuel bills and help impoverish many, many people.

If you keep a population scared of >anything< they become controllable. The terrorism example is the perfect one. I have more chance of being killed falling down my stairs than any terrorist getting to me, but th elast govt brought in all sorts of anti-terror legislation that is being used in more and more unjust fashion.

grufty jim wrote:
EDIT: One more question, jshell... whatever about global warming; are you honestly suggesting that (a) biodiversity is unimportant to the health of humanity, and (b) industrial civilisation is not having a hugely negative effect on it?

No, I suggest neither. I simply do not believe that governments have all of a sudden become socially aware... There is an agenda, and it ain't save the trees/whales/chimps etc, etc. Again, give us your money and we'll save x, y and z.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index