The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Oct 31, 2010, 14:04
Re: Tangent
Oct 31, 2010, 13:55
grufty jim wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
I've got a place a couple of miles outside Drimoleague. I go over a lot. I'm going out again for a week at the end of November, hopefully. I know Skibbereen very well. It's a lovely place. I've spent many good times there, and also Clonakilty, Bantry, Baltimore etc. Very good for the head!

Where are you based then, Jim ?

I was born in Dublin, Sea Cat, but spent most of my life moving around -- all over Europe, plus spells in North Africa, the Middle East, North and South America. Recently I returned home and I've been living just outside Dublin for the past few years.

Though as I say, my folks retired to West Cork (a lovely place on the coast about 10 minutes from Skibb) so I visit often and know the area pretty well. Drimoleague's a nice spot -- equidistant from Bantry and Skibb... truly God's Country.

You've definitely seen a lot of the world Jim ! I've travelled a bit, but only in an 'interesting holiday' context. I'm determined to visit India a few times as I'm very interested in ancient Vedic culture/philosophy. I spent many years living in London/Liverpool but I can't be doing with very large cities anymore. I'm in rural Somerset now, which I love, and work and personal life may take me to Bath or Dorset. I know that I'm very fortunate indeed that I can combine this with West Cork. Your folks live in a lovely area. I love roaming the peninsulas and getting the boat out to the islands! God's Country indeed.

Any excuse. This always gets me misty eyed :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S55C-SaBepA&feature=related

Sorry for the diversion , people.

Namaste.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index