U-Know! Forum »
More Bono bashing (never enough IMO)

135 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Oct 13, 2010, 13:12
Re: More Bono bashing (never enough IMO) - final word from me!
Oct 13, 2010, 12:44
Grufty, glad you piped up here, I'll take the opportunity to ask a few things if ye don't mind.
What I don't understand is how the involvement of One tanslates to 'saving lives' in the practical sense?
I'd be grateful if you could give us a clue as to what the doc. said there, even if you can't exactly recall it verbatum!
I've checked the One website, and from what I see they may through the practical work of their affiliated organisations (Oxfam etc) add an element of 'keep up the good work' through high end conferencing etc, coz from what I've read the One organisation doesn't provide any aid in the sense we know it (ie, food, medicine etc).
I'm still not sure if everyone's aware of that (I know you are).
My contention is perhaps that work would go on anyway, and does, and I sort of don't understand the bit about 2m lives saved being the effort of 'one man's work', sort of speak.
I fear alot of money could be farted away unnecessarily is my main contention.
The only response from One to the criticism has come in the shape of a press release, not denying much at that. Except form the price of the leather notebooks sent to newspapers!
You seem to be the only one who has any other sources here to go on.
Regards.
EDIT: Just read Sea Cat's Pilger piece. Says it all really...
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index