Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
When does a sick joke become a holy relic?

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Dec 19, 2009, 15:16
Re: When does a sick joke become a holy relic?
Dec 19, 2009, 14:55
I travelled to Tel Aviv for the Celtic match there (picture taken in the stadium) and went down to Jerusalem visiting the Holocaust museum and I've also visited Dachau as well as a few others. Football trips are good cos I don't like just to stay in the pub. Whilst in Bratislavia, Slovakia we stayed in a hotel being unaware it was co-owned by Jewish people until the morning when we were woken by Hebrew chants. No probs there but I knew the history and the Slovaks weren't very kind, to the Jews, in the 2nd World War. This hotel was taken by Nazi supporters and the original owners carted/made to walk to the concentration camps. After a few changes of ownership the hotel was purchased by one of the present owners. In the mid 80's a visitor, a Jew, appeared with papers proving the original ownership. Inspiringly the Slovak people gave the hotel, without question, back to the original family, even more inspiring was that Jewish claimant decided that both families should co own the hotel. So it isn't all bad some good people are left. However the Slovak kindness of that day stopped on the pitch, Celtic were hammered 5-1.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index