Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited May 21, 2009, 16:12
Don't be naughty.
May 21, 2009, 16:09
Should you recieve a BNP election leaflet through your letterbox, don't, whatever you do, return it to them using the free admail address on the back.

That address to which you shouldn't return your BNP leaflet or empty envelopes?

National Office,
Admail 4148,
London,

EC1A 1UY

Thank you for your co-operation. Please pass on this message to encourage other people not to abuse the free admail service.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Don't be naughty.
May 21, 2009, 16:35
It should also be noted that Admail covers responses up to 2kg, and the receiver pays by weight received. So please don't advise anyone to stick the BNP leaflet in a box with 1.999kg of rubble, cat litter or out of date jars of gherkins.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

May 21, 2009, 16:36
additionally, the BNP send out free posters to people who want to put them in their window. The number is 0207 078 3269. If you dial 141 first they can't tell what your number is.

It would be a betrayal of their good nature and a drain on their resources if anyone rang up only to get the poster to put in the recycling.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

May 21, 2009, 18:58
Noted! And posted!

Actually, I don't know if they are using the same leaflet nationally, but the one I got said "People like you vote BNP". I was wondering what the legal ramifications are for what I felt was defamation of character in this instance.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

May 22, 2009, 03:09
I do not support the BNP, but I support their right to exist, within the law, as a political party.
I would prefer they be judged, by the electorate, on their policies alone...
Personally, I don't support, the "Dad's Army", "leaflet terrorism" you are trying to encourage. I think this is childish - you should hit the BNP "head-on", politically, if you oppose what they stand for. - not sure what packing out their mail bags with "stuff" for recycling will achieve...might even get them a few "green" votes..
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

May 22, 2009, 09:24
As usual, you decry any kind of political action against... well, seemingly anything. Ask Alec McFadden if he thinks the BNP are a political party that operate within the law.

This is a legal, non violent method of activism that doesn't require confrontations or riots. If even this is too much for you, what sort of direct action do you think people should use?

FIGHT FASCISM! STROKE CATS!

SIT IN A COMFY CHAIR TO DEFEND WORKERS RIGHTS!

HAVE A NICE CUP OF TEA AND PUT THE TELLY ON TO STOP GLOBALISATION!

Really. This board would be a dull place if all we were doing was rubber stamping each other's opinions.

So thank you for challenging us and forcing us to defend and refine our viewpoints.
Lawrence
9547 posts

May 22, 2009, 12:07
Of course although I don't live in England I'm pretty sure Thatcher had the National Front to thank for her success...
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

May 22, 2009, 12:34
Well said.

Right, I'm off to comb my hair in protest against fascists. That'll work.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

May 22, 2009, 13:41
Hey, I'm all for direct action ...I just don't think much of the mail offensive. Only a personal view ...
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

May 22, 2009, 13:43
...Particularly when the "call to action" is done in that jokey, ironic way. If you are serious about fighting Fascism, and believe this is a good action that will cause disrruption..why the need to couch your language?
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index