13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Dec 25, 2008, 16:06
Re: U-know revisionism
Dec 25, 2008, 15:56
It's really a private forum with rules, rather than a free-for-all, and that's a good thing, too... without some kind of moderator involved message boards can quickly become overrun with trolls (and if I'm correct in guessing who PMM is talking about, they definitely qualify as one).

I think impassioned, even heated, debating is a good thing, provided the motive isn't merely to create divisive, catty vibes. If someone persistently is guilty of lobbing insults and throwing down the glove out of a need to get into fights, they really are forfeiting their H2H privileges.

Why should anyone tolerate that sort of thing? Part of me is with PMM in the sense that perhaps, buried under all the baiting and epithets, there's something of value to be gleaned. But in the case of who I'm guessing he's referring to, I am firmly convinced that there was nothing but an emotionally disturbed and extremely self-centered point of view being expressed... quickly followed by immature attacks on anyone with a less than fully embracing response.

U-Know! Forum Index