70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Sep 23, 2008, 23:17
Re: Teetering on the brink of the new Depression
Sep 23, 2008, 23:04
oh right. Sorry, personally I'm looking at this, and possible outcomes in a more rational sense than you obviously are. I'm not looking at it in 'a come the glorious day comrades' sense, but more in a 'whats going to happen then ?' sense from my understanding of economics and how the market works. I sit back and eat popcorn watching it all play out, and how it effects the election over there. I'm not even pretending I have a solution, other than a nihilistic 'kill the fucking market' branch of Marxism. Sure, I'm an anachronism, what of it ? Which is why I'm sticking to straightforward analsyis, and guessing the outcome further down the road.

You're disregarding the mathematical and legal mechanics in favour of some airy-fairy psychological group dynamic argument. Fair enough. But discussing your ideas with you would just cause my eyes to roll until they fall out. Sorry.

Yeah, the market is a mess because our underlying pyschology and society are fucked. Thats a lovely piece of sophistry, not one its possible to argue with now is it ? I also love how you validate it further by describing the depth of history there is, in research terms, into your field *eye roll* oopise, there they go, better stop.

I'm sure you're perfectly qualified to come up with a newly restructured society, with an associative financial system, that will make us all well behaved non greed orientated fluffy bunnies *eye roll*--plop* shit, lost one. Seriously, I'm slowly walking away from you now *waves* All hail emperor Grufty. I'll stick to political argument in a political field.

If you however manage to come up with something, anything, not based on a subjective analysis of a limited case study then please let me know.

Edit : Yes the 'system' effects our group psychology. FFS. SO ??? Regulation/correction naturally occurs within any system. To even go down the road that you can fix any system from a purely symptomatic approach from a subjective POV is the road to madness. I know of this, for complex systems are my field. Yes, I did go mad.

tl;dr. Its obvious, nothing new and you're approach to solve the problem is entirely the wrong way round. A problem which frankly you aren't qualified to understand.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index