Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Jan 14, 2008, 16:13
Re: Mole...
Jan 14, 2008, 11:24
And why the hostility?

Mole *some* of your posts come across as childish baiting and they are almost always aimed at Mr Cope personally... like you are waiting for him to give you some sort of direct contact. You always (regardless of subject matter) try try try to thwart or put down the drOod. Why? Whats the point? If you don't like what he stands for or his music why bother posting here? I'm sorry for the hostility, but it seems that your posts are always trying to bring down the Cope. Thats how it seems to me anyhows. I get a bit narked with your quick and badly thought out reactions to complicated subjects. its like
*letstakeapopatCopedotcom*

As for the subject matter I feel that you are being very intransigent about the human rights of children.

pERSONALLY I don't give a flying fuck about faith or culture !
NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO MAKE SLAVES OF CHILDREN!

(((RANTOVER)))

p.s. I think for myself m8... don't u worry about that.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 14, 2008, 19:07
cHARLIE wrote:

A henry fer a tenner? Blimey bargain!

(((charlie)))

True- but that's Henry Brown rather than Henry Green. Apparently not many people wnat it any more, so it's come down in price.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jan 15, 2008, 09:34
o.i.c

8O)
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Jan 16, 2008, 15:22
Quote: "I suspect most everyone here has more in common than the tone of some message would imply."

Wise words, Mr. B.!!
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations
Jan 16, 2008, 16:27
Okay, I admit my post was playing 'devil's advocate' to some degree, but I do believe in the just of what I was trying to point out. I have to go back and comment on one or two things here. This jumped out at me the second time I read your post:

"Do you really think that women are so much better off in non-islamic cultures?"

Gee, lemme think? YES! Let's give you tits and a hoo-hoo and send you to Afghanistsan aged 12 and then you get back to me whether or not the injustices suffered there are truly any worse than the injustices suffered by the female in other cultures, including our own. I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. I know that we are far from treating women with complete equality here in the West (despite some people thinking the contrary) but to say that women don't have it any better off in Western society than in any number of fundamentalist dominated Islamic countries is not only ridiculous and absurd it is also offensive to all the women who have suffered horrible indignities (including the loss of their lives) in these countries. "We're sorry you are dead and that you lost your head but if you'd been born an American you'd be making 75 cents less an hour than your male counterparts at your job at Costco, so really, you're better off." And if you didn't mean to imply that 'non-islamic' meant Western than maybe you should stop being so vague, yourself.

Secondly, two wrongs do not make a right. BUT people who are proponents of the typical fundamentalist lifestyle in Islamic countries make gross generalizations about people in the West all the time. Their lives are centered around these generalizations and the single-minded hatred that comes with them. I didn't hear you mention this at all. I find it ironic that while you argue in their defense they would really just like to see your head lopped off. Yes, yes, you do not have to tell me that that is a generalization but it is a generalization that is based in fact. We (the people of the West) are universally hated by Islamic fundamentalists and no distinction is drawn between the 'good' and the 'bad' here: all people born in the Godless, evil West are enemies of Islam and should be destroyed. The point I make is that while I see your points and have heard countless others make similar points as yours I have rarely heard anyone criticize the generalizations and racist view's of the people you defend. It's okay to criticize the viewpoints of the people of your own culture for their ill-defined arguments and vagaries but in doing so without acknowledgment that the same and worse occurs in the cultures you defend you risk coming off as an apologist for the tyranny and abuses that DO exist in these Muslim cultures. Or at the very least as someone who can't see the forest for the trees.
Just some food for thought.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jan 17, 2008, 12:01
Indeed!... & very well put sir!

I really don't mind anyone following *their* belief systems so long as it don't make slaves of women and children. Sadly Islam *is* guilty of this & I for one do not want it. Islam like christianity is a medieval faith and I (like yourself sir) am having great difficulty trying to find tolerance for this *warring* FAITH!

Religion sucks!

(((world peace & dope)))
Wiggy
1696 posts

Edited Jan 17, 2008, 13:35
Jan 17, 2008, 13:34
I think it's worth remembering that just as many of our "Christian" customs and practices are actually "Pre-Christian", so are many "Islamic" customs and practices actually "Pre-Islamic".
It's also worth remembering that Islam tends to be more prevalent in countries we would describe as "Developing" and that a lot of the present conflict is more about geopolitics and ideology than it is about faith.
I would not want to be a woman in most of the Islamic countries of The World, but some "men" make slaves of women, children, and other men in all countries and cultures.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jan 17, 2008, 14:26
Tiz true Wiggy ....*cults of the male* have alot to answer for.
We must never forget this & I feel shameful about my gender sometimes.

(((peace to all!)))
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Jan 17, 2008, 14:57
Wiggy wrote:
I think it's worth remembering that just as many of our "Christian" customs and practices are actually "Pre-Christian", so are many "Islamic" customs and practices actually "Pre-Islamic".
It's also worth remembering that Islam tends to be more prevalent in countries we would describe as "Developing" and that a lot of the present conflict is more about geopolitics and ideology than it is about faith.
I would not want to be a woman in most of the Islamic countries of The World, but some "men" make slaves of women, children, and other men in all countries and cultures.

That was basically what I wanted to say. The thing is that the miserable position of women in many Muslim countries is not related to the fact that they are Muslim, but to the fact that (a) they are developing or underdeveloped, in which we the west play a significant historic role, (b) they often have some power vacuum, in that there is not really any forward progressive pulse that can make the country hop forward. And then finally there is *one* islamic country where women are relatively well off, and it's exactly that one that the west chooses to invade. Tss.

Do you think women are well off in Hindu society?

Do you think women were well off in Japan? It's better now, but still it's essentially a verys exist society. China? It's not because a woman doesn't wear a veil that she's free. Why doesn't the west understand that? Likewise, a veiled woman can in principle be freer than an unveiled one. The veil or the burka have become symbols of oppression, yes, but the essence is not to make women stop wearing burkhas. The essence is to make women equal citizens the world over, whether they wear veils or not.

Woman is the nigger of the world, and the actual reasons of how that came to be are complex, but the reasons why this system is maintained are not related to any part of Islam and not even to any religion, even though it's been a useful tool of suppression of not only women but about everything good in life. It is mainly related to economic factors, which we as the hypocrit west help to maintain.
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Jan 17, 2008, 15:35
Of course they do, Wiggy, but that's not the point and no one ever said they didn't. That's another thing I don't understand, this argument of 'well, yeah they do this bad stuff BUT they ain't the only ones that do it!' WHO FUCKING CARES. I don't see that them being joined by other crude, backwards fucks in the abuses to women and children camp excuses them from anything at all! After WWII did people say, 'Yeah, Hitler and the Nazis did kill a lot of Jews...but they ain't the only ones that done it!' I am sorry if this is coming off as a personal affront, Wiggy, I don't mean it to, you are a fine chap. I am just exasperated at some of the responses to these types of situations present in our world. Exasperated and baffled.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index