whatever happened to michael moore?

21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: whatever happened to michael moore?
Apr 10, 2007, 20:12
handofdave wrote:

Cornering Charlton Heston in 'Bowling for Columbine" and putting him on the spot was uncomfortable to watch (Heston was visibly suffering from Parkinsons at that point).

Yes I was a bit lost with that film TBH. I remember he made these wooly comparisons to Canada and America and gun crime and how in Canada it's far less a problem, even tho' guns are still sanctioned there. Not sure what he was saying. Well I am sort of, but he didn't follow it through.

handofdav wrote:

I think what most people hate about Michael Moore is his slob-on-the-street look. He's completely unconcerned with what he looks like. And as we all know, this is a mortal sin in todays skin-deep media establishment.

I always liked that about him! He'd appear in that great oversized hunting jacket and loom over these soulless suited arseholes with his bum crack ready to just drop out...
He always seemed fairly courteous too, but oh dear he really made me want to hide behind the couch at times with some of his comments!

I speak of him in the past tense because, what the hell is he up to now?
I have to say, calling a book 'Stupid White Men' I find a bad move, but I just wish wish wish he'd come back and stick to to them good style this time! No mistakes, just BANG! So much has happened, Michael...
We're all just gasping with submission.
But I'm not sure if he's capable tho'...
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index