44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: marines captured
Apr 04, 2007, 16:56
That's them released.

The thing that bothers me about this is the fact that you look at the footage that's been shown and think that they've been coerced into saying they were in Iranian waters. But, when they get back an assure us they were in Iraqi waters I'll still be thinking that they've been told to say that. What is wrong with the world when you just instinctively mistrust all governments?

Mark Steel wrote:
I suppose they're thinking: "What difference does it make which side of the line we were, as that side will be ours as well once we've invaded you?" The Iranian government may well be shady and crazy and corrupt, but you can't blame them for being jittery when British and American gunboats are floating about nearby.

If you told someone: "We never trusted the people who used to live next door, what with them going to war with us and causing half a million deaths. But then the new lot moved in, hanged the old bloke, and now they've caused half a million deaths as well. And they keep telling us they want our place. In fact, they've always had their eye on it, killing the man who used to run it and putting in place a madman so he'd give them his petrol." Then you'd have a pretty good case for going on daytime TV above a caption: "I keep having trouble with my neighbours."
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index