marines captured

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

marines captured
Mar 24, 2007, 06:57
iran has captured 15 British Marines and Sailors because they were on iranian water...

what the fuck did they go and do that for now of all times? i can appreciate that they don't want to be leant on but why on earth - knowing the whole situation - didn't they firmly send them back out to sea by other means?

and what the fuck were we doing there in the first place? forcing them to react seems such an obvious and clumsy way of provoking an international incident.

seems to me that our venerable, sorry, venereal prime minister and the diminutive yank will stop at nothing but all out global conflict.

what a legacy they'll leave behind them...Vietnam anybody?
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Mar 24, 2007, 08:48
Re: marines captured
Mar 24, 2007, 08:37
Alot of our most trusted commentators (Jon Snow, Andrew Maar, Jeremy Bowen etc) reckon that an attack on Iran isn't going to happen.
Rageh Omaar said something about a terrible irony in the fact that Iraq had to be the disaster it is otherwise Iran might have been next.

This seems to be a territorial dispute stretching back centuries.

http://tinyurl.com/35w37z

For Christ sake, just send these marines packing or something. This could be the excuse needed to seal the villification of Iran. The fucking Israelis and Palastines have been playing these games for ever. NONONONO!

EDIT: Anyone knows we shouldn't be there in the first place, but this one has to be diffused.

x
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 08:48
i'd be very surprised if this incident wasn't the catalyst for us and the spams to get in there and frag their nuclear reactors. cos' remember just flying fighter bombers into another country and bombing large buildings of theirs isn't actually war. i know there are extremists on this here planet but don't you wonder sometimes why there aren't more? X
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 09:03
Shelby Mustang wrote:

just flying fighter bombers into another country and bombing large buildings of theirs isn't actually war. i know there are extremists on this here planet but don't you wonder sometimes why there aren't more?
X

What 'middle ground' that is! In which context can they still call this a war? Since when? Could they ever? It started as an onslaught, became an invasion, and now its a fucking free for all. No rules, no direction, no purpose. The bit that really makes me want to bang heads off walls is when all these jingoisitic arseholes spin the 'democracyin Iraq' bit. Are they saying that the Iraqis mean so much to them that 'our troops' and July 7th and Sept 11th were sacrifices worth making? I mean those who defend it are basically saying that! Grrrrr and double Grrrrr!
x
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 10:05
Just watched a very brief report on the news, seems a pretty idiotic thing to do!! Apparently it seems they WERE in Iranian waters!!

Here's the news link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6489493.stm

Vietnam, I'm more inclined to think Hiroshima!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 10:08
shot to bits shans' it's all shot to fucking bits.

this ruk won't stop until every country is involved in one way or another with armament, east versus west and the false deities are dragged out again, dusted down and thrown into the mix.

there's a real air of foreboding, that this is just the start, that the big one's just around the corner, the one that'll make us all huddle infront of the fire at night and wonder where it went wrong.

and there's no higher power to stop the fucking megalomaniacs doing what they want until they're either exhausted or bored of it.
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 10:19
i'm with you on that blood. the shit's gonna hit the fan and wehey here we go.

you don't just blunder into enemy water not these days. it's provocation dressed up. if we don't get the men and their boats back double time we're going in.

Bush mentioned in a newspaper article i read two years ago an aside about Iran and even then i thought, just by mentioning that countries name your setting something in motion.

i reckon the plan was to get the middle east done and dusted then fuck the koreans up, they weren't expecting such resistance (the idiots) but it's merely a glitch, a protracted glitch but a glitch non the less.

and then the war machine'll move on.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 10:26
After Iraq, Iran seemed inevitable, I've seen something brewing for a long time, I think within the next few years the whole middle east will be at war with America and US. If we're not careful this will likely end up as WW3.

This will be Bush and Blairs' legacy!! Fuckwits!
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 10:26
Them, not you!!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Mar 24, 2007, 10:29
you did have me thinking!!