U-Know! Forum »
Why haven't we had a rant about Mugabe

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spirit
182 posts

Re: Why haven't we had a rant about Mugabe
Feb 28, 2002, 13:38
So you don't think this is a case of power corrupting - the guy as you all say clearly had the right ideas when he originally came to power & I accept that redistribution of land was quite rightly one of those. However, don't you think that he is now engaged in a struggle just to stay in charge because he likes being in charge not out of the idealism that originally took him to that position?

THere are ways and means of redistributing land and my personal opinion is that he is currently buying in /repaying favours not seeking to maximise the benefits for his country's people but I may be wrong.

I also have real concerns about his attitude on AIDS and why and how it spreads - people are dying through a lack of real information and dying in an extremely protracted and unpleasant way - not least because third world countries can't afford 1st world drug prices - but if he got his act together on prevention it might help.

Suspect the rest of the world doesn't care because it is a piss poor African state and has no natural assets left to strip - so why get involved.

xx spirit

U-Know! Forum Index