Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
...and geldof supported bush's african efforts.

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: ...and geldof supported bush's african efforts.
Jan 09, 2007, 13:38
shanshee_allures wrote:
Read it and see. They're not even sure if they got the ONE guy they were hoping to get, but the place is left in ruins (the usual, dead bodies galore etc). Scummy, sorry.
Yes, Geldof's African AIDS agenda was so 'noble' that he told those leading AIDS charities (what do they know?) that they were WRONG to promote condom use. Even scummier.
x

I had no idea Geldof was against condom use... what's he thinking? It's the cheapest, most effective method of preventing transmission of the virus (besides celibacy, of course).

As for military action, I'm not strictly pacifistic. There have been too many examples where cultures who didn't have an effective sense of self-protection were overrun and decimated by other peoples (Tibet for example). I'm not one of those peace and love nitwits who think you can avoid being slaughtered or enslaved by lunatic-agendamongers thru prayer alone.
The problem with militant Islam, and with militant Western forces (and Zionists), is an indiscriminate attitude when it comes to targeting their enemies- neither side seems to give a damn if a dozen innocents die if they can kill one 'bad guy'. Scummy? Yes. But out-of-proportion violence is not a trait the West has a monopoly on, by any means.

U-Know! Forum Index