Re: and there's more
Dec 20, 2006, 12:54
Good a reason as any I guess!
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Re: Non-theism vs Theism for the lazy.
Dec 20, 2006, 12:55
Well, what can a poor bishop do to pass the time?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dec 20, 2006, 13:16
Shoulda grassed him up.

"And, where is your puny god now!?!? Mwah-ha-ha..."
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Dec 20, 2006, 15:04
Aww come on. That pun was armless.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Dec 20, 2006, 16:36
OK fair enough; we'll discuss the matter further over a pint or two - nothing too heavy, don't wanna get legless do we?
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Dec 20, 2006, 17:13
Toooo much to read right now, but it reminds me of that excellent series last year (or start of this?) with Jonathon Miller, called 'The History of Atheism' (I think) and the 'spin off' called 'The Atheism Tapes'.
We had all sorts of debate, interviews with contemporary philosophers and plenty of readings by all the oldies.
There was this thing on a few nights back on C4 with Rod Little (not sure if I like him), which asked why Atheists get so hot in their denial of god. A fair enough question, but the programme actually went nowhere.
x
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Dec 21, 2006, 00:21
"which asked why Atheists get so hot in their denial of god. A fair enough question"

I'd say that's a great question. Definitely one for which to return when the punnage shows signs of abating. And I'm all a right punning, oo-er.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Dec 21, 2006, 00:21
'for' a right punning.

Argh. Xmas drinks . Bloop. What's t definition of swallow fluying south for eatser?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dec 21, 2006, 10:47
That's the thing that bothers me the most about Dawkins.

That, and the fact he never cracks a smile. FFS you're shagging Lala Ward!!!!!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Dec 21, 2006, 12:14
I think everyone gets quite passionate when they're defending something they really believe (or believe they shouldn't believe as the case may be!)

I get a bit hot under the collar when I'm on my anti-racism soap box, for example, because people who DO believe the bollox bandied about by racist bigots make me quite irritated apart from anything else.

Let's be honest, when people are being stupid or stubborn it can be quite difficult not to get cross with them (well I find that anyway but I am quite intolerant it has to be said!) I think atheists get a bit cross with Christians, Muslims, Hindus - whoever for believing in something that, according to them, is blatantly untrue and rather ridiculous. I think religious people get every bit as irritable when they try to defend their beliefs - well some of them must do anyway.

Right, back to the puns - can't think of any today but the floor is open for the rest of ya!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index