487 posts

Re: Why bazoomers Help
Oct 16, 2006, 22:36
bless
dee
1955 posts

Re: Why bazoomers Help
Oct 17, 2006, 08:59
Well said dannyboy, thats the best post ive read in ages..
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Why 'Debunkers' Help
Oct 17, 2006, 12:06
"Two kinds of 9-11 truth deniers (debunkers) exist today: Those who deny our government has the expertise to carry out the 9-11 attack, and those who deny our government is diabolical enough to do it. Both are sadly mistaken."

That's a flat out distortion!

A 'debunker' is, by definition, somone who removes 'bunk'.

This would mean that a 'debunker' is the exact opposite of a, a (hilariously un-self-consciously kack adjective alert!)...

...'truth denier'!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

more poop
Oct 17, 2006, 12:16
Is 'truth denier' an adjective or a noun?

Is it in an improper adjenoun?

There are plenty of people who 'deny the truth, not just 'two types' as linked above.

What about those who deny that big liz*rd-oids don't exist and aren't controlling our manifest destiny?

Honestly, I'm all for theories being explored, but there really comes a time when there are so many desperate, self-interested 'conspiracy-theorists' hammering away that I actually feel in danger of stopping caring!

Lying liars and the lies of the liars who are economical with the truth to prove a point about those ather liars are still liars to me ;-)
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Oct 17, 2006, 13:53
odannyboy wrote:
Two kinds of 9-11 truth deniers (debunkers) exist today: Those who deny our government has the expertise to carry out the 9-11 attack, and those who deny our government is diabolical enough to do it. Both are sadly mistaken.

I'm with you Morfe. Quite aside from the fact that a "debunker" is - by definition - a "truth seeker" and not a "truth denier", the opening line of that article is just plain wrong.

I am one of these so-called "truth-deniers". But I have never questioned the idea that the US government has the technical expertise to fly planes into buildings. Nor have I ever denied that the US government is "diabolical enough" to murder a few thousand people (one only has to look at the world since September 11th 2001 to realise they're capable of truly heinous crimes).

So clearly there are not "two kinds" of debunkers. There's at least three. People like me. People who believe the US government is capable of carrying out terrible crimes, but in this case; didn't. And until someone offers me facts to the contrary (as opposed to speculation based on a couple of indistinct CCTV images of the Pentagon and some news footage of NY) then I will remain one of that third kind of debunker... the annoying kind that demands actual "evidence" for their beliefs?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 17, 2006, 14:30
the annoying kind that demands actual "evidence" for their beliefs

Evidence schmevidence, who needs it?

Better to KNOW than to know. (Especially if you know bugger all).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 17, 2006, 14:32
(Didn't mean you BTW!)
dee
1955 posts

Oct 17, 2006, 15:04
Do crusts make your hair curl??? please help, im so confused.......
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index