Dog ban

52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Dog ban
Sep 27, 2006, 21:45
My opinion - without reading the entire thread is that dog licences should perhaps be brought back. To own an animal that has the potential to harm (and even small dogs can be vicious; a Jack Russell could in theory take a child's face off if sufficiently provoked) entails no small degree of responsibility. Dogs are bloody hard work (I know, I've got one) and if you DON'T keep them properly controlled they can be, to say the least, a menace. Rottweillers aren't by nature an aggressive breed; I know they look the part but it's their sheer size more than their temperament that makes them popular as watch dogs. I wouldn't, however, keep two in a built up area and ESPECIALLY not with a baby in the house. Some common sense has to be exercised here I think. I'm not in favour of discriminating against any breed in particular, I just don't think anyone and everyone should be allowed to have a dog. And while I'm on me soapbox, how is it that people in supposedly deprived areas ridden with crime etc etc can afford these bloody great dogs, which cost about £400 a pop and fuck alone knows how much to feed? I couldn't.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index