Re: No treatment for you, fatty...
Nov 24, 2005, 18:13
Wow, your sume logical kitty
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Nov 24, 2005, 18:13
I think he's become persona non grata on H2H.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Nov 24, 2005, 18:15
Though I don't like to see anyone banned, I think he did bring it on himself. I know I have my moments especially where people like Hongnam are concerned.
Wiggy
1696 posts

Nov 24, 2005, 18:23
I dunno - I think the bannings get handed out a bit too casually here, to be honest.
Only Mike Croley can be said to have overstepped the line when he handed out personal abuse to Jane (lots wanted him gone before, but I honestly thought he deserved to stay up until that point).
I would expect some rough and tumble on a forum with a remit like this one. It would be boring otherwise.
P'raps I'm wrong.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Nov 24, 2005, 18:23
Don't we all.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 25, 2005, 09:21
?? I don't think bannings hardly ever get handed out. I can't imagine there've been more than 3 or 4 in the last 3 or 4 years. And even then it's usually done after the person has repeatedly seriously riled the majority of people on here and led them to complain. It's not people's opinions that get them banned, it's their attitude.

Just thought I'd mention it. I might be wrong. But don't get the wrong idea just because a couple of people have disappeared recently.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 25, 2005, 09:32
To be fair, it is more dangerous to have an anaesthetic if you're overweight, so people (as it says in the article) are always encouraged to lose weight before they can have an operation of any sort?

Does your attitude towards your own health not count at all? I mean being fat is (generally) something you can do something about. (not that I ever get down the gym, but that's my own laziness, not a medical impossibility). And if you're an alcoholic and you need a liver transplant, isn't it your responsibility to try and stop being alcoholic so the liver isn't 'wasted'? If you're a drug addict shouldn't you try to get clean so that the treatment you're getting for some illness isn't a waste of time when you fall dead in a ditch the next day of an overdose?

I don't regularly write to the daily mail or anything. But surely if you have to make a choice between giving some new lungs to two people, you don't give them to the person who swears they won't be giving up smoking. I know there shouldn't have to be a choice ideally (and that#s about organ donation limitations, not money, which is maybe what replacement joint surgery is down to)

Anyway I agree it might seem like the beginning of a slippery slope. But surely people are not ever going to be arguing that ill people shouldn't be treated if they're ill because it's too expensive.

Hmm . Controversial. Go on pull this to pieces.
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Nov 25, 2005, 10:07
In the last 6 months we have lost ToneStone, Lemon, Hongnam, Mike Croley and possibly Kalamansi (or Lemon again). Rather a lot I would say!

IMO ToneStone and Mike Croley were entirely justified as they were offensive and abusive. The others were only argumentitive I thought. Having said all that, it is the perfect right of the people who run this site to choose who they eject.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 25, 2005, 10:44
Surely Hongnam and Lemon repeatedly resorted to personal insult instead of reasoned argument? Whatever I for one got fed up of reading the arguments that ensued. Who wants to look at a board that's continually clogged up with the same old slanging matches / swastika lizard stuff.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Nov 25, 2005, 12:57
But, then Manao claimed to be neither. Perhaps what was posted here should be lightly salted.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index